Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Is it me or am I just a heartless b••••...

Posted by   + Show Post
I am moving and posted about selling stuff kids clothes furniture basic yard sale stuff but I get people who inbox me going do you have xyz for free cause my sons special needs/ disabled . My thoughts are so what I have a SN kid too so that entitles one for freebies is it just me or am I a heartless bitch. I never pull this crap.
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM

oh. Still have any of it?

Quoting x_Starr_x:

It was kid stuff furniture basic yard sale moving stuff

Quoting Basherte:

What kind of stuff are you selling?

Can I get a more comprehensive list?

CafeMom Tickers
natesmom1228
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I honestly don't have the patience for selling things. I either trash them or give them away.

x_Starr_x
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Nope today's moving day I either sold it or I donated to a woman I personally know who runs a domestic abuse shelter.

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting Basherte:

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Okay. Thanks anyway.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Nope today's moving day I either sold it or I donated to a woman I personally know who runs a domestic abuse shelter.

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting Basherte:

CafeMom Tickers
mlogsdon
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM

The only time i share that information is when im asking for a little bit of leeway from my professors if ive fallen behind in a course. I don't ask for freebies. And, in my experience, those that do mayyyy not be telling the truth. I give what I can, I don't mind giving things to someone that needs it, rather than selling, but i do not like when SN children are used as leverage. Kwim?

wickedstepjenn
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I've never asked for anything to be given to me or my kids for free or discounted. Have people given me things? Yes and I'm always very greatful simi embarrassed and I always pay forward to others that need something I have that I don't need.
I think its wrong to use your children to get things. If the child needs something very important for life like a breathing machine or a wheel chair then I can see asking a company or a community service or maybe family and close friends but not a stranger trying to sell things.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I would continue to try and get someone to buy everything. If it's getting close to moving day and something hasn't sold, then maybe give to them for free. I would try my best to get money first to help you out.

michele115
by Michele on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:16 AM
I think some of those people may not be telling the truth. People will say anything to get stuff for free. Could be the owner of a thrift store. Who knows.
Trabrooke
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:29 AM

No some people have no manners 

benny1031
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I would rather just give it to someone who needed it times are hard and garage sales don't do as good as they used to .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN