Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Nana to a very special girl!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am new to cafemom and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lona, age is confidential, lol. Let's just say, I'm a nana and leave it at that! I am not her GRANDMA I am her NANA. My sister passed away July 1, 2012 when her granddaugher was just two or three months old. After her granddaugher was born she was sent to the N.I.C.U and my sister's health just wouldn't allow her to be there as much as she would have liked. So, she asked me to step in and help her and my neice through the situation. In being there, I got very close to my sister's grandbaby, who's name is Heidi and some of you may know of her mother. She is active in this group. Anyways, my sister asked me to step in and be Heidi's nana as she didn't think she would live much longer and wanted her grandbaby to have a grandma like figure in her life. I do not expect or want to take my sister's place as Heidi's grandma and as she grows up I will tell her all about her grandma and how much she loved her. I am not taking her grandma's spot in her heart, I am creating my own! Heidi has hydrocephalus and PVL. She is developmentally delayed, but that makes her so much more to love! 

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Welcome to the group! She is a wonderful little thing. All our babies seem to make our lives & ourselves better just for them being a part of it.

• My 2nd time around. I LOVE EVERY MINUTE!!!
  •          boy n girlblowing bubbles
  • Ronny              Asa                     Lina 
cjsix
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Sounds like you are all a Blessing for each other!

MommaC63
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:11 AM

everyone who is a part of heidis life feel blessed to have her in their life

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Welcome to the group!
natesmom1228
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Welcome to the group!!!

jjamom
by Michele on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Welcome to the group! How nice that she has a special Nana in her life!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Welcome!

MommaC63
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:46 PM
thank you i feel the same about her
mlogsdon
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Welcome :) My son has PVL and developmental delays, also, among other things. I think he is the sweetest thing in the world, and i appreciate each milestone more because of it. And, while my mother is still living, i also have a very close relationship with her only sister. It's wonderful that youre able to be there for them. 

SAMI_JO
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:04 AM

I would love to have a little girl to be a nana to. I probably will never have grandchildren of my own. I long for that day, but I hope they don't act anything like my son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN