Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

HE DOESN'T SEEM TO NEED SLEEP, BUT I LOOK LIKE THE WALKING DEAD.

Posted by   + Show Post

My little man has major sleep issue's, when school is out he doesn't sleep, it's 2;00 am  and he's in his bed singing the soundtrack to the lion king, I can barely stay awake. Is this a common autism problem? 

butterfly

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Replies (11-14):
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM

From what I understand a lot of asd kids have issues sleeping through the night.

My son doesn't always sleep through the night either. He will wake up and sing, talk (he's non verbal so it's all baby sounds) giggle, and play for a little bit, and then fall back to sleep.

He doesn't wake me up with any of that though.

Talk to a doctor about melatonin. A lot of people have been having success with sleeping through the night with that. It's a natural substance that the body makes. It's what our bodies produce to get us to go to sleep, and stay asleep.

*HUGS* good luck momma.

CafeMom Tickers
blondepegasus
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:18 AM

No autism, but my 8 year old son is disabled and has strange sleep patterns. He will stay up and "party" as we like to call it into the wee hours. He is non-verbal and it's at night in bed that he likes to practice his sounds. He laughs and babbles and such sometimes for hours on end thru the night. We have a video monitor and as long as we know he is safe (he is unable to get out of bed by himself) and not in need of anything (diaper change, drink), we sleep (lightly, I admit) and let him at it. 

RobinChristine
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:19 AM

My son is on the spectrum but has many other issues,he has never slept thru the night,he is now 17YO. And this is on sleep meds.

lifewithbob
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:30 PM

We tried melatonin it worked for a while then he became immune to it....

butterfly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN