Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My brave man

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM
  • 9 Replies
D agreed to donate blood to SimonsVIP to be frozen and stored for some future time when they have more technology to study it better. It was rough. He has a major needle phobia and tiny hidden veins. It took over an hour and I had to lie on him to hold him down. She had to take it out of his foot and needed to start four different lines to get enough. Even though he was crying hysterically, he kept saying "Be brave...be brave.." and wanted to give his blood. We went for ice cream afterwards and then his new shirt came in the mail, perfect timing!
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Here he is showing off his badge of courage. Don't you just love his shirt? It says "Dare to be Rare".

cnsmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Bless his heart!!  That must have been hard to watch him go through, with all the trouble they had getting the blood drawn.   He did a great job.  Cool shirt!

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him he did a great job. His shirt is the best. 

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Quoting cnsmom:

Bless his heart!!  That must have been hard to watch him go through, with all the trouble they had getting the blood drawn.   He did a great job.  Cool shirt!

It was. He hid his face through most of it, but at one point he had picked up his head and he had tears streaming down his face. I broke my heart to see that and I almost started to cry, but before I lost it I thought about his courage and figured I'd better show some too. :)

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:07 AM
So brave. Love his shirt!
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Cool shirt. I have been told i have very thin veins. So i also have a major problem with nurse taking any blood.  When i was little i kicked a nurse. But she stuck me 5 times.  Im older now and i still cry when they cant find the veins.

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Aww, poor kid. He is a very brave little boy! Love the shirt!
Mipsy
by Chelle on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey, we are in the same facebook group!!! I saw you post this there yesterday!!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Wow!!!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)