Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Echo yesterday. **update**

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • 21 Replies
Jeremiah did awesome during his echo. He laid there, watched cartoons, and completely ignored everything else that was going on lol. The tech said she wished they were all as easy.
We are supposed to hear back this morning on the results. It's the wait that kills me. I'll update when they call.

**Childrens hospital finally called! They said his ech was completely normal! Finally something positive our way :) what a relief!
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sadiebug1228
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM
So I might sound stupid but what is echo? I'm kinda new to the terms for the kids lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Oh wow, we have always gotten my son's echo results during the appt. We see the cardio, then they do the echo and EKG and then we see the cardio again (sometimes she comes in during the echo) to go over everything.

I hate waiting for results like that!
jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM
It's an echocardiogram. It is like an ultrasound of the heart, but instead of being all black and white, you can also see red (oxygenated blood) and blue (non-oxygenated blood) as it flows through the heart.

Quoting sadiebug1228:So I might sound stupid but what is echo? I'm kinda new to the terms for the kids lol
sadiebug1228
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh ok I know what a echocardiogram is lol I just haven't heard it called echo so I was confused :) my daughters having one soon too her dr said she has a little murmur and wants to keep an eye on it

Quoting jjamom:

It's an echocardiogram. It is like an ultrasound of the heart, but instead of being all black and white, you can also see red (oxygenated blood) and blue (non-oxygenated blood) as it flows through the heart.

Quoting sadiebug1228:So I might sound stupid but what is echo? I'm kinda new to the terms for the kids lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Glad he did well!
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:17 PM
That's great that he handled it so well!! Yay!
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
We never even saw the cardio, just the tech that did the echo. She said the drs would look at everything, make their report and send it to the ordering physician. Then that office would call me. It was the pulminologist that ordered it and they never call back on test results until late in the day. Drives me nuts. If I don't hear from them today I'll call first thing tomorrow. Just nerve wracking waiting to hear if your 3 year olds heart is working right lol

Quoting jjamom:

Oh wow, we have always gotten my son's echo results during the appt. We see the cardio, then they do the echo and EKG and then we see the cardio again (sometimes she comes in during the echo) to go over everything.

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Oh wow.  Yeah, I hate waiting for results, especially when you have to keep on top of the doctor's office because they don't call.  I hope you get good news!

Quoting arkansasmama08:

We never even saw the cardio, just the tech that did the echo. She said the drs would look at everything, make their report and send it to the ordering physician. Then that office would call me. It was the pulminologist that ordered it and they never call back on test results until late in the day. Drives me nuts. If I don't hear from them today I'll call first thing tomorrow. Just nerve wracking waiting to hear if your 3 year olds heart is working right lol

Quoting jjamom:

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Thanks! Me too!

Quoting jjamom:

Oh wow.  Yeah, I hate waiting for results, especially when you have to keep on top of the doctor's office because they don't call.  I hope you get good news!

Quoting arkansasmama08:

Quoting jjamom:

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM
AWESOME!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)