Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Breathing test waiting.........ALMOST DONE! ***DONE***

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:28 PM
  • 3 Replies

We have been sitting here since 9:30. They had Lina blow in special bag, then drink this water fruit mix then 15min later had her breath in the bag again and every 15 min until about 10:30 then it became every 30 minutes. She is hungry and has begun the begging for something to eat. Since she can't eat she wanted to drink when I told her that she can't have anything to drink she began to get the face that meant she was getting ready to cry. I was able to get her to NOT cry but it wasn't easy. The tech just told us that she has 1 more blow into the bag then we can leave. I told her that if she was good I would treat her to McD's so she could play on the toy there and have lunch. 

She is tired and whiney and beginning to show the early signs of sensory overload. We should be out of here in about 30 minutes.

2 weeks find out the results.

We made it thru the testing. She got her McD's and played on the climbing toys there. She went to sleep for about 15 minutes in the car and that helped stop some of the overload. I am glad we are all done now.  

We see the GI on the 23rd. Unless they call me before that. 

• My 2nd time around. I LOVE EVERY MINUTE!!!
  •          boy n girlblowing bubbles
  • Ronny              Asa                     Lina 
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Good luck! Hope she did well.
jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Sorry it's been so hard today. I hope she gets her McD's after all that!
cnsmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Glad the testing is almost done, sorry it was difficult for her.  It's hard for a little kid to go withoutfood and drinks.  I hope that she enjoys the rest of the day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)