Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

He punched Me!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM
  • 8 Replies

I cannot even believe I just typed that title to this post.   My heart is broken.  Our 10 year old, (SPD, GAD and OCD) just started zoloft last week and has had a fairly good week (I know the meds had not kicked in yet).  Last night a friend dropped by to pick something up.  We were chatting as my boys were paying with their son.  Appraently my boys started fighting and were hitting each other.  Our 10 year old tried to get my attention to tell me how hard his brother hit him.  I was talking to someone and did not hear him.  So, closed fist with all his power he ounched me right in the middle of the back.  He said that if I wasn't going to listen to him he thought he could show me how hard his brother punhed him.  My husband was outside, but J always comes  meor everything.  We brought him in, made him go right to bed, ipod and sleepover are gone until I feel he has earned them back by respecting me.  I am just at a loss for what to do and cannot believe it has gotten this bad.

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
iamtryingforme
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Read the side effects of the medicine. I understand it takes time for it to work but it you feel he is getting violent from it bring it up to the doctor. Good luck. 

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I'm so sorry. When my son was on Zoloft, he "activated" and broke the windshield of my van and left bruises all over me and bit his brother on the cheek among other things... He is 11. It was awful. He's now off of it, and doing MUCH better- his anxiety is a problem again, but at least he's not violent!
mlogsdon
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I'm sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM

welcome , im joy

i think this may happen time to time with most kids-i know how you feel

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:12 PM
I'm so sorry.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Welcome to the Group! I don't have any experience with this.

Here is a HUGE HUG for you! hugs

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Hugs mama!!!  I'm sorry to hear this:(

lissadavis
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:55 AM

oh wow big huggs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN