Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

looking for penpals for my kids again

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

I made a post here a while back looking for penpals for my 6 year old son (at the time he was 4 years old).

he loves to get mail and pictures, drawings letters from other kids. however many of the letters we have sent out have not been answered or have been returned. I feel bad for him because he will wait at the window for me every night when I come home from work to go to the mailbox and see if he has any mail.

My 3 year old twins have started to do this too. most of the time they don't get any mail only their zoobooks magaziene. My oldest had bonded with 1 of his penpals, actually put his picture on out fridge but most of his penpals stopped writing.

i would love for them to have more penpals especially kids that have special needs because i want to teach them that everyone does things in their own way and not everyone is the same but that everybody deserves the same respect. even if your child can't color he would love a picture and a letter about their day, school, family, thrapies, etc. he loves hearing about other kids please pm me if you are willing to be any of their penpals thank you to the couple of penpals that have written, he loves it so much lisa

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM

While that sounds like a neat idea, I know my DS would never actually write!  Good luck in your search. 

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I hope you find someone! :)
JaSeaKnight3
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM

i think that's a great idea. my son who's 8 is special needs & can't really write all the well but i could possible dictact for him. My youngest just turned 5 & well we'll see. my oldest daughter is soon to be 10 & has been dying to get a penpal, she loves to read & write & her drawings in my opinion are amazing althoguh i may be a bit biast. anywho if you wanna send me an address ill let her know & we can start if your interested. let know.

mami286
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:43 AM

GREAT IDEA. I HAVE MY SON WRITE A JOURNAL EVERYDAY TO WORK ON HIS WRITTING SO LETTERS FIT RIGHT IN :)

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM
My son is 6. He's just starting to write and he likes to draw pictures. I have a 3 year old too who would like to get mail if big brother does. Send me your info if you're interested.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xanadu96
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Cool!  I'll have to check with my nine year old DS.  He's not a fan of writing but he loves getting mail.

mlogsdon
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM
That's a cool idea :) mine is still too young to pay attention to anything like that. He'd just try to eat the paper lol. Good luck though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Good luck...my son is too young:)  Hugs!

lissadavis
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM

pm me I have kids ages 18, 16, 11, 4, and 3 all with different diagnosis so if you want a pen pal op or other just let me know.

letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:38 PM

excellent idea

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)