Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Got really bad news today!! Ot

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
So I've lived off disablity for 11 years now due to metal problems and a learning disablity. Well they've reviewed my case and taking my benefits away this is what I live on. I don't know what to do the only job I can get pays minimum wage and payinh for daycare would take most of that. And with my dd dignoises I want to be able to stay at home and help her. I don't know what to do I'm afaird im going to end up homeless.
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
iamtryingforme
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Fight their reversal. Apply for any and all benefits you can think of. Try even ssi or ssd for your daughter. Good luck. 

Jesann
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I'm going to fight it and I've already signed my dd up for ssi. This just really sucks I have do much I'm dealing with. Now I have to worry about this.

Quoting iamtryingforme:

Fight their reversal. Apply for any and all benefits you can think of. Try even ssi or ssd for your daughter. Good luck. 

iamtryingforme
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I have gone through a nasty divorce, visitations, court date after court date, a suicide threat by my 8 year old, 8 different diagnoses, hearing my dd was molested and so much more in the past 7 years. You will survive.Just remember to write everything down. Take time to de-stress everyday or you will eventually go crazy in your own way.

Quoting Jesann:

I'm going to fight it and I've already signed my dd up for ssi. This just really sucks I have do much I'm dealing with. Now I have to worry about this.

Quoting iamtryingforme:

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I'm sorry mamma!
mlogsdon
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I'm sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hiswifey318
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Appeal yes they do get overturned.... Apply for child care assistance it helps foot the majority of the bill for daycare apply for snap benefits aka food stamps child support if possible. Do whatever you have to do to keep you and your daughter a float. Good luck
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I'm sorry to hear this mama...do you have family to help?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)