Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Glasses?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 11 Replies
Anyone have kiddos with glasses? If so, when did they get them and how do they handle them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamtryingforme
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Yes - my dd was 2 1/2 when she go her first pair. I got them at the eye doctors. The had wrap around arms that went around almost her whole ear. She was unable to pull them off. She wasn't much of a fighter and adjusted to them very quickly. I guess see the world clearer made her want to keep them on.

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Liam was 4 when he got his, and we just do... He's pretty badly farsighted, so it bothers him not to wear them.
mlogsdon
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Mine recently got his first pair and he's 23 months. He's happy to wear them at first, he likes to see lol, but toward the end of the day he gets mad at them. I think the thing on the backs of his ears starts to hurt. But they're super bendy so when I try to change the angle they pop right back.

Quoting iamtryingforme:

Yes - my dd was 2 1/2 when she go her first pair. I got them at the eye doctors. The had wrap around arms that went around almost her whole ear. She was unable to pull them off. She wasn't much of a fighter and adjusted to them very quickly. I guess see the world clearer made her want to keep them on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
We learned that Nathaniel was nearsighted back in December, but we thought we should wait for glasses since he's so young. But recently in therapy we've noticed that he doesn't pay attention, and thought the glasses might help. They have actually ;-) he just doesn't like them on alllll day.

Quoting Elyssa414:

Liam was 4 when he got his, and we just do... He's pretty badly farsighted, so it bothers him not to wear them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM

No experience but good luck mama!

letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:29 PM

both  have glasses , they have always done ok with them

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Lina got glasses at 5. She handles it great. The day we picked them up she wore them and was so quiet that in the car I had to move my rearview mirror down to see her because I thought she was playing with them. She was sitting in her booster seat with a totally stunned look on her face. She was seeing clearly for the first time. We stopped for her to show her sister her new glasses and she looked at her sister and sister's friend like she had never seen them before. We haven't had a problem with her leaving them on. When she pushes them up she puts her fingers on the lens so there are always fingerprints on them. Sometimes I wonder how she is able to see thru them at school.

lissadavis
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM

ds was 9 months dd was 2 and odd was like 11 or 12, everyone was good the girls the best. Although if your lo is young I suggest going somewhere with a replacement warranty if they break or getting miraflex glasses

mlogsdon
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:51 AM
We got buy one pair get second pair free, and two year warranty/replacement plan ;-)

Quoting lissadavis:

ds was 9 months dd was 2 and odd was like 11 or 12, everyone was good the girls the best. Although if your lo is young I suggest going somewhere with a replacement warranty if they break or getting miraflex glasses

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KendallsMommee
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Kendall was 3 when she got hers. She can't see without them, so taking them off or complaining about them has never been an issue.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN