Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

do you have a aquarium and cool fish

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Joy
  • 12 Replies

i dont , but my son loves to watch them

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizlaughlove
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
We have a couple of shrimp, a red tail shark, and a few other fish.
mlogsdon
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I don't. Not sure it's something he'd be super interested in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Nope.  We don't have one.  

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:41 AM

For Lina's 3rd bday we got her an aquarium and we had some really pretty fish in it. She would stand in front of it and just watch them swim around. We don't have the fish anymore lots of problems with the maintaining of them. She is still fascinated with fish. If the day comes that I get brave enough to get another tank I will go to a professional and talk to them before doing anything.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:55 AM
We have a tank and a lone goldfish. Jacob hasn't seen it though, but he loves the huge tank in The Rainforest Cafe.
jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:43 AM
No. My son loves them when we visit offices with them.
letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:23 AM

same here , my fish always died

Quoting Linagma03:

For Lina's 3rd bday we got her an aquarium and we had some really pretty fish in it. She would stand in front of it and just watch them swim around. We don't have the fish anymore lots of problems with the maintaining of them. She is still fascinated with fish. If the day comes that I get brave enough to get another tank I will go to a professional and talk to them before doing anything.

lizlaughlove
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Well, I had 2 large shrimp. I couldn't find them yesterday. That didn't last too long. Anyone want a pet shark?

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Mine didn't just die the tank became so full of algae so quickly and nothing I did helped. I talked to every pet store that specialized in fish and then did what they said. I must have spent $300 dollars in a year on a ten gallon tank. We had all kinds of fish at one time or another. Finally I said enough and when the last fish died I got rid of the tank. I see such beautiful tanks in peoples homes and wonder how do you do it? Like I said I will consult a professional before I ever decide to get another one. Maybe like the people that own the aquarium company and has the show Tanked on Animal planet I think it is. Wonder what it would cost for them to consult on a 10 gallon petsmart aquarium? LOL Probably the most expensive 10 gallon fish tank filled with $1 fish! LOL

Quoting letstalk747:

same here , my fish always died

Quoting Linagma03:

starlight682
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:16 AM

my son has a 10 gallon tank in his room with his betta and his 4 ghost shrimp, and a pleco. which we use as his nightlight he loves it and it also calms him down and helps him sleep better best nightlight ever. plus when i check on him i can see him and not need to get a flash light and shine it in his face lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN