Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ups and downs are SO strong, what the hell is wrong with me?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM
  • 11 Replies

One day, DS has a good day at school, good day at church, good days with me and I start to feel happy and in control again.

Then he has a not so good day at school, at home... and i feel so so sad again!

Its such a rollercoaster! *cry* *cry*

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*

beckir20
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this
As is our lives as asd moms. My ds does the same thing. There are a couple days where it is nothing short of miracles and then...we call his bad side "fat Tony". We call him a hit man on those days. All I have is tried to the point of tears. Then he will come, give me a kiss, and curl up for bed. He is my miracle. Just remember that there is only one like him and cherish every moment with him. Even bad ones are still ok.
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

i know it is too

golfqueen123
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the exact same way!!!

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Here are some big hugs for you! 

mlogsdon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
There's nothing wrong with you! I made my respite care lady cry today because I totally lost my mind. Some days we just show what we usually keep hidden and under control. Some days I just don't have it in me to keep myself together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, you're normal. It's stress and frustration. I get it at times too. It's the woman in us ;)
girl_incognito
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

That's about par for the course. I'm sorry it is very frustrating. It one reason why mine was misdiagnosed with bipolar before his ASD diagnosis. It looked like he was cycling. It seemed like every week or two it would change on us.

PM me if you need to

Just like we have good and bad days, our kids do too.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama!  Been there!

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*

It's like that here as well. The only thing I can do is try to focus on the good at all times. Even when he is having a meltdown/really bad day, there are moments.

Right now, it's pinching with my son. He pinches me all the time. When he's frustrated mostly. I grab his hands in mine and tell him "no." firmly. He cries and asks for a hug by putting his forehead against my lips. It's frustrating as hell. There are other things, but the worst is the pinching.

I think we all go through our own little hells from time to time. Frequency and severity fluctuate (spelling) between kids and family's but we've all been through it. Hang in their momma. Feel free to vent when you need to.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)