Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Respite

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM
  • 13 Replies
I have respite care with my kiddo, and I'm still working out the kinks with the provider. I know she just took on quite a few new families and is a bit disorganized, and I totally get that. But this morning I was feeling stretched pretty thin, and she got the schedule wrong, again. I was upset. My reaction was a bit overboard for the situation, and I felt bad, but I didn't say anything until I got home a few hours later. I was apparently verrryyyy obviously upset with her, and I think I may have terrified her lol. I felt bad and tried to explain that it wasn't all just her (I have lots of stuff going on and wasn't doing well this morning) but I started to choke up and get all emotional again, and I made her cry. Gahh emotions are a lot to handle sometimes ;-) poor lady thought she was just working with my kid, she didnt realize she'd have to deal with my crazy too ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Good Luck! I hope she gets herself organized. My dil had respite for awhile and she had a really hard time getting decent ones too. Sad to say it took her almost 6 months to find a good respite provider. The woman was great and the girls loved her. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Hugs mama!

mlogsdon
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:09 AM
The thing is, she's GREAT with my son. I just need her to be reliable. Showing up on the wrong day, not showing up on time when she is scheduled, etc- doesn't work for me lol. I'm pretty sure it won't happen again after yesterday, I just feel bad for reacting as strongly as I did.

Quoting Linagma03:

Good Luck! I hope she gets herself organized. My dil had respite for awhile and she had a really hard time getting decent ones too. Sad to say it took her almost 6 months to find a good respite provider. The woman was great and the girls loved her. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

She did have one that was real good not as good as the one she finally had but real good. This was a young woman early 30's but she could never get there on time either and she called many times saying she couldn't make it or needed to change the day. That didn't work at times because she had needed the woman on the days that she had to go to the dr when she was pregnant, then later when she needed to take the baby for routine appts. They are in the Marines and the Corps changed the way that they do respite care they had to pay out of pocket then file the paperwork to get re-imbursed it was too expensive to do it that way. Now she has to make appts around the oldest (sn) being in school, when that won't work she has no choice but take both of them. 

Quoting mlogsdon:

The thing is, she's GREAT with my son. I just need her to be reliable. Showing up on the wrong day, not showing up on time when she is scheduled, etc- doesn't work for me lol. I'm pretty sure it won't happen again after yesterday, I just feel bad for reacting as strongly as I did.

Quoting Linagma03:

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM
*hugs* hope your day gets better. I'm sure she understands.
KailesMommy
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Maybe thats what was needed to be done? Maybe if she seen you get upset and after you explain to her some of the reasons why, maybe she will think about how it could work to help everyone and be on time and do what needs to be done? Good luck

Mipsy
by Chelle on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I totally agree here! sometimes they dont realize how important their job really is til they see us break down from exhaustion physically and emotionally. Sometimes they just think they are a glorified babysitter and dont realize how very important they are to us

Quoting KailesMommy:

Maybe thats what was needed to be done? Maybe if she seen you get upset and after you explain to her some of the reasons why, maybe she will think about how it could work to help everyone and be on time and do what needs to be done? Good luck

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I am sure you feel bad about your reaction, but she really does need to be reliable in her position. The parents rely on her and quite frankly, she probably has some clients (the kids) who really need routine and can be very upset by changes to that routine. I hope she'll be more reliable and better organized going forward.
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Frustration makes us all do strange things ;). Don't feel too badly. I hope she gets it together quickly.
mlogsdon
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM
This is true. And sometimes that's what I consider her because half the time I don't consider my life any more stressful than the next person's. until I lose it lol.

Quoting Mipsy:

I totally agree here! sometimes they dont realize how important their job really is til they see us break down from exhaustion physically and emotionally. Sometimes they just think they are a glorified babysitter and dont realize how very important they are to us

Quoting KailesMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)