Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Anyone have health issues themselves?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:58 AM
  • 14 Replies

I've struggled with hearing loss for the past 15-16 years.  I've had surgery and that correction has run its course.  Today I got my first hearing aid in years.  The world is so noisy! It literally gave me a headache within an hour of wearing it.  I think I'm starting to get it used to it, but wow!

Anyone else struggle with health issues?

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mipsy
by Chelle on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Wow, I can't imagine! I am hard of hearing, but have yet to get it checked out. It's gotten pretty bad =\ it starts fights with me and dh cuz I can't hear him.

I have pretty severe asthma that landed me in ICU and nearly intubated a couple winters ago. Then I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome that has rendered me impossible to ever conceive again. And I have ridiculously bad feet and ankles. I actually am walking around on a fracture cuz not much can be done. It's in my heel. I tear tendons easily in them too. Then I have migraines so severe they cause seizures. And lastly I have OCD on the form of obsessive thoughts. I'm a bundle of fun!! In fact I'm currently having an anxiety attack due to an obsessive thought I can't get rid of which is why Im on cm. Ugh.
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:40 AM
I get headaches and migraines pretty often. I also get ovarian cysts, which cause a lot of pain. When I was a kid I had to have leg surgery to straight my legs, which is now causing me hip and lower back issues from being out of alignment. All things considered, I'm pretty healthy :)
lucasmadre
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:24 AM

I am so sorry. We all wish for peace and quiet once in a while but to have it imposed on you must be terribly scary. I hope you adjust to your new hearing aides before too long. I also hope your issue isn't progressive.

I have epilepsy and a kind of  fibro mi-alga brought on probably my lymes disease I had years ago so I know how you feel, balancing your own health with that of your children's can be tough. For me I need a lot more rest than most so I am always feeling behind :) I am lucky in so many ways though so don't want to sound like I am pathetic!  XO

my3makemehappy
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I have high blood pressure, but take meds for it and it's normal now. Thankfully other than a stress headache here and there I'm good. My husband has suffered from depression and he has mild social anxiety.

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I struggled with chronic cranial-facial nerve pain for about 4 years.  It was extremely debilitating.  I went to a wide variety of doctors and had multiple MRIs and it wasn't until a resident at Johns Hopkins was asked to review all of my films, that they found a tumor on my parotid gland (one of the salivary glands) that was laying on the large facial nerve.  They actually found it on an MRI of the cervical spine and you could only see a teeny tiny sliver of it, even though it was 1.5 cm.  I had it removed and it was a benign tumor, but one that had a high incidence of turning to cancer.  I still have lingering pain that I am not sure will ever go away, but it is nothing like the pain I suffered for those 4 years, coupled with the effects of Tegretol and Lyrica, which they were using to try to control my nerve pain.

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Just low thyroid that was diagnosed a year ago. She just upped my dose two weeks ago and I feel good.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Just anemic. I'm generally really heathy overall.
mlogsdon
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Not major stuff anymore. I had a total thyroidectomy but now I've got my medication dosage handled so I feel good usually :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Physically I'm healthy. I do have bi-polar, anxiety/panic disorder under control now without meds, mild OCD, and PTSD that is almost gone. Oh and if you consider menopause a health issue, I'm beginning too!! hahaha!!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I have anxiety.  Hugs mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)