Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

How crazy is your schedule? Do you take on too much?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 11 Replies
I'm working in getting a part time job, working 10-4 tues-Friday and full shifts Monday and Sarurday. I'm meeting with a lack if support from friends and family. Dh is on board but that's about it lol. It'll make for busy weeks between homeschooling, work, therapies and appointments, and I'll be teaching Cubbies (preschoolers) at awana in the fall as well. Most think I'm insane lol.
Are y'all as busy as we are? Doesn't that kinda come with the territory?
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mipsy
by Chelle on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I am busy this coming year. Ty is starting kindergarten and I have to drop him off and pick him up, plus I am volunteering all year long (well 12 hours of volunteer time is required from all parents in our school but I will be there so much with Zoey the school is getting me a faculty badge) and will be taking Zoey to school with Ty (he isn't old enough to handle her on his own yet so I will be taking her and getting her accustomed to school and keeping an eye on her etc). Then I am going to school full time, half are choir classes, one of which travels the country. Then add in all of Tys appts and visiting my mom as often as possible (dying of cancer). I don't plan on sleeping this year, ever, LOL!

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:10 AM

DH accused me of doing that. I had a few months were I had appts stacked up big time between the kids primaraly Lina, I do all the driving for everything, I do all the grocery shopping actually I do everything except cook, DH likes to cook so I let him. Right now I have a beautiful tan on both my arms but not the rest of me because I spend so much time in the car! I would be the envy of many people if only the sun hit the white legs too! LOL

• My 2nd time around. I LOVE EVERY MINUTE!!!
  •          boy n girlblowing bubbles
  •             R   &   A                Lina 
  •     teenage terror time!    special to all of us!
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM
We have had a very laid back summer. A few appointments here and there but we are able to come and go as we want. It's nice.
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:15 AM

In the past i was thinking i was busey.  Chase is a handfull and into everything. And working on potty training. And chase got speech therapy. Now we just working on getting him to wear underwear. And playing school with jacob. I think it bad people gave up on him cause of autismAt one point he was not talking. . And he is talking in summer school.  Im going to be more busey cause he has school everyday all day when he starts kindergarden. And im pregnant. So i will busey with my check ups.and morning sickness.  And we looking for a house near jacobs school. Or we just got to hope we have a boy. Then all 3 boys can be in same room for a few extra months. Untill we find something to rent. And we need to get a suv. Our small car wont work for 3 kids and 2 wheelchairs. And we do this all on our own. We really dont have family support.

mlogsdon
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Yes and no. I don't THINK i take on too much, but I was trying to go back to school, and did great with two classes. Failed with 4. So that was too much. But I do say no on a regular basis to a few people that ask a lot from me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Sometimes I'm like that...hopefully this year will be better!

FarynsMommy
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Yes, definitely busy lol.

I work full time from 8 to 5. Rush home to get the DD from the nurses.
From the moment im home and until her bed time, we play, eat, potty train, and do care (meds, trache care, etc).
Once she down for the night I spend an average of 4 hours on homework (working on my masters degree).
this happens every day then  add in paying bills, making and keeping track of her apptments as well as my own.
I keep in contact with her therapist for progress notes and things I need to work on with her.

And maintain house, which is not easy with a two year old J.

But hey you do what you gotta do!

Quoting arkansasmama08:

I'm working in getting a part time job, working 10-4 tues-Friday and full shifts Monday and Sarurday. I'm meeting with a lack if support from friends and family. Dh is on board but that's about it lol. It'll make for busy weeks between homeschooling, work, therapies and appointments, and I'll be teaching Cubbies (preschoolers) at awana in the fall as well. Most think I'm insane lol.
Are y'all as busy as we are? Doesn't that kinda come with the territory?

letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM

im always busy

aakeiser
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I am taking on online classes for my bachler's in psychology, take care of the House hold, and with dh work hours take care of my kids a Lot on my own. It take on too much..
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Yes, I take on way too much.  It is a non-stop loop that I can't seem to get out of.  But also, if I don't do it no one will.  And no, none of it can be let go.  So yes, I take on too much. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN