The top pic is my Freya when she was two months old (December 2010). The bottom pic is her back in May of this year. I know I have taken more pics of her more recently, but my phone broke and I can't find them on my Facebook or computer.
Anyway, she keeps waking up in the middle of the night screaming or crying. Sometimes she wants to cuddle, other times she doesn't want to be held. Sometimes I can hear her coughing right before the outburst, although tonight she actually just sat bolt upright and farted rather loudly, which would have been funny had she not then immediately started another screeching fit. She will sometimes tell me her head hurts, but other times she says her legs hurt. She will usually fall back to sleep pretty quickly, unless someone makes a big deal out of her fussing (like big sister trying to bring her lovies to make her feel better).
She was failure to thrive in infancy and required scheduled high calorie feedings every couple of hours until she was about nine months old. She had developmental delays. She didn't sit unassisted or crawl til she was over a year. She had bone abnormalities in infancy which the pediatrician she had at the time said they'd "wait and see" on. Because of some of her features and behaviours, William's Syndrome has been mentioned, but she still hasn't had the FISH test. She's getting evaluated on Tuesday about her developmental delays at a preschool that does physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
What's frustrating is that she hasn't seen any pediatrician long enough or often enough (partly because she's been on medicaid and partly because we've moved a lot in the last two years) for any one doctor to be concerned about her enough to follow through with testing her for things. I'd rather them test her and prove me to be a ridiculously worrying mom than to not test her and she have problems that go untreated.
My mother had surgery a few years ago for a Chiari 1 malformation, and when I told her about my daughter's crying fits she said I should ask the doctor to do another MRI to check for that since it can run in families (the last one she had was when she was four months old). I don't want to be paranoid and overreact, since it could just be night terrors.
Any advice (other than the obvious of calling the doctor again)?
Here's here in Jan of 2011: