Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Grandma is dying...**update**

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 18 Replies
And I feel like in going insane. She lives in California. I'm in Arkansas.( couldn't guess that could ya). Hospice has moved into her home and taken over. They've given her 2-5 weeks. I'm into overdrive trying to figure out how to get there as soon as possible. I've got childcare and meals to line up for possibly 3-4 weeks of me not being here :(. And no idea how I'm going to pay for a plane ticket :(.
AND jer has his testing at the hospital tomorrow, so I'll be there for the next 2 days. I was stressing about that and now this. I feel like I'm going to explode.
Ok. Thanks. Needed to vent.

**grandma passed away late last night. I missed my chance to say goodbye. I'll be leaving Thursday morning for California to spend a week with my family**
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sadiebug1228
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Oh no! Prayers and thoughts with u and family! Things like this never happen at good times its always when were the busiest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I know! Figures.
And I've never left my kids like this before. Not to mention how much it's going to throw them off :(. My babies who don't like change are going to be with a different person every day :(. It'll be ok. We'll make it through

Quoting sadiebug1228:

Oh no! Prayers and thoughts with u and family! Things like this never happen at good times its always when were the busiest.

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I'm so sorry! I hope you get it all figured out!
Mipsy
by Chelle on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I'm so sorry *hugs*
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Prayers. *hugs*
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I am so sorry about what is happening. Prayers go with you.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Hugs mama!

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Thanks ladies. It's all managing to come together. I've got my plane ticket bought and most if the babysitting lined up. Only problem now is that I can't leave until next Thursday and I got a call from mom last night that grandma is doing much worse :(. Hoping she can hang in till I get there
letstalk747
by Joy on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:05 PM

hugggggggs

my3makemehappy
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I'm so sorry!

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN