Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

can you please help me with some way that i can get my son help since no i know will

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son is four almost five years old and is autistic and my family and I moved to Alabama in December of this year so that we can get more help for him from family and stuff but since coming here because of the fact that do to him being autistic as a way to comforted his self he likes to drink and eat stuff all the time no matter what it is even if he is hungry or not my family just think that we are not feeding him or giving him stuff to drink at all even no we have tried to tell them many times that no matter how many times a day we feed him or give him stuff to drink he will want to do that even if he is not hungry and stuff to the point of making his self-sick unless some one knows that he just ate  or drink something and is full so they can tell him and everyone else that he just had something to eat and drink and that he needs to wait until he wants it because he is hungry or something and not just because he wants to comforted his self so that he does not make his self-sick from over eating and drink plus because one day when we got him from his room in the morning and we found that he had hurt his self somehow and I read that  people like him can be prone to hurting their self's I guess because they want to believe that nothing is wrong with him when there is like they are in the first step where you think that you made what is wrong with him happen or you just don't want it to be true that something is wrong with your child or grandchild because they have not been around him as much as we have been every time he gets hurt they think that it is us doing it even no ever since he first hurt his self we have done everything in our power to make sure it does not happen again by keeping an eye on him every minute that we are awake and also going as far as making it so that he has nothing in his room he can hurt his self on because we cannot be up every minute of the day and night and he does not always get up the same time every day no matter when we put him to bed so the only help we have gotten from them is them trying to take him away from us one way or another as well as our little girl too because I guess that they think that if we are not taking care of him even no we are that we must not be taking care of her ether even no she is 100% healthy and happy and coming along better then we could even dream of specially when do to the fact that my husband works so much sometimes that it feels like I do everything by myself that I can't always do stuff with her as much as I would like all the time because my son needs me so much of the time that I barely have time to do much else half the time even getting the whole house clean which is another reason my family say that they want to take my kids away because most of the time when it comes to cleaning all I have time for is to make sure the rooms that my kids are in all the time are clean like the living room and there bed rooms and stuff like that so that they can be safe all the time where as I swear that my whole family thinks that if you can't have everything perfect when it comes to everything all the time then you are a bad mom or something other than that when it comes to schools and stuff since we come out here we have had a hard time getting him in to school or any other type of program so he can continue to get the help he needs which is why I need help because he will be five in January and I am so scared that if we cannot start getting him the help that he needs again soon while his brain is still like a sponge or something where it is so much easier for kids to learn things then we may have to put him somewhere that he has to live all the time so that he can get the help he needs and I don't want that at all because it would break my heart for that to have to happen.     

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
peppa247
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I would talk to your sons pediatrician and explain your situation , she might be able to advice you on some services that benefit your son or guide you.

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you tried giving him a chewy tube or some other form of oral stimulation for self-soothing?
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:05 AM
*hugs* I'm so sorry.
letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM

welcome , im joy,

so has he been evaluated by your school district if not  call and get evalustions  set up  and he will get therapy he needs free-if you didnt know that-,

and i just want to say to you that dont let your family members get to you- you dont need it

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Hugs Momma! Welcome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)