Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

My son will start "Hippotherapy" and "Vision Therapy" soon.

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 32 Replies

Any positive or negative feedbacks are appreciated.

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

hmm..no feedback, just curious to see what other's say.  I have heard very good things on the hippotherapy.  What is the vision therapy exactly?

Jenn8604
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Yep I'm in the same boat. No feedback. im curious and what's vision therapy?

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

hmm..no feedback, just curious to see what other's say.  I have heard very good things on the hippotherapy.  What is the vision therapy exactly?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I just copied and paste it from the clinic website:

I am full time homeschooling now and I observed that he have sometimes problem identifying "n" and "h" or read "s" and "c" but if I asked him to write the word, he'll usually write it with no problem. Last January, he had his first eye exam and the result was "mild astigmatism" - doesn't need glasses yet. Another homeschooler from the therapy clinic suggested to have my son evaluated by the vision therapist. So, I made the appointment 2 months ago (it will take 2 visits to complete the evaluation). I will keep you guys posted. I was just hoping that someone who already had experience who wants to share. I am a little nervous.

Vision Therapy Center provide:

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:02 PM

No experience but good luck mama!

mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Thanks.. I am a little nervous. I just don't like seeing another therapist. PT/OT/ST and now HT and VT =(

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I understand:)  My son is in OT, PT, Speech, Feeding, and ABA therapies.  It's hard but you can do this mama!  What is your child's diagnosis?

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Thanks.. I am a little nervous. I just don't like seeing another therapist. PT/OT/ST and now HT and VT =(

Quoting darbyakeep45:

mlogsdon
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:56 PM

No idea about vision therapy, but hippotherapy is awesome! Good luck.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Intersting.  Will be curious to see how it turns out.  good luck

Quoting mommy4lyf:

I just copied and paste it from the clinic website:

I am full time homeschooling now and I observed that he have sometimes problem identifying "n" and "h" or read "s" and "c" but if I asked him to write the word, he'll usually write it with no problem. Last January, he had his first eye exam and the result was "mild astigmatism" - doesn't need glasses yet. Another homeschooler from the therapy clinic suggested to have my son evaluated by the vision therapist. So, I made the appointment 2 months ago (it will take 2 visits to complete the evaluation). I will keep you guys posted. I was just hoping that someone who already had experience who wants to share. I am a little nervous.

Vision Therapy Center provide:

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

letstalk747
by Joy on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM

great , keep us posted

mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Classic Autism and CAS (Childhood Apraxia of Speech). Sorry for the late response. I had to finish the lessons today and cooked dinner =)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I understand:)  My son is in OT, PT, Speech, Feeding, and ABA therapies.  It's hard but you can do this mama!  What is your child's diagnosis?

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN