Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

I am learing how to make burlap and mesh wreaths. They are pretty but so expensive. A friend of mine makes them and is coming over tomorrow afternoon to teach me how and to make one of each! Very excited about it.

Are you crafty? Do you have any pictures of your projects? 

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
crazy4chapstick
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I do some crafts...but not nearly as crafty as I used to be growing up.
I buy all my hairbows from a friend who's super crafty cause i can't make a bow to save my life!
I make candies, bird feeder ornaments & wreaths to hand outside for wild birds, dog treats, and working some doing more stuff.
Need to get back into sewing haven't been able to do it in many many years!
I like to get my girl into crafts....we paint t-shirts, make stepping stones, do little craft projects for each holiday, etc.

jjamom
by Michele on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I used to do cross stitch and crochet a lit, but then I was having a lot of carpal tunnel pain in my right hand and stopped. I just started my first cross stitch in years yesterday for my niece's baby, due in Nov and shower next month!
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

can't craft.  I bake

bzzybeemomof3
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I try. lol I am not really crafty though.

Chloe's halloween tutu last year (first one I ever made)

Tutu I made for my then 4 yr old for halloween last year

Headband I made for my then 10 yr old dd (last year sometime) lol

Waited till I was 29 to learn how to make friendship bracelets (so I can teach my kids ) how to make them. lol First one I ever made (last year sometime) lol

I try but I am not really good at stuff. lol

Jaimielorai
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Check out Oriental Trading they have tons of cheap supplies you can get in bulk as well as educational stuff.  My son loves this craft bin and looks for things each day to create. 

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?requestURI=getHomePageCR&BP=W4093&tabId=Home&cm_mmc=Email-_-130820Targeted-_-OTC-_-OTCHomePage&utm_source=StrongMail&utm_medium=email&utm_term=email&utm_content=7502&utm_campaign=52704

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Before i had kids. I would buy at hobby lobby those christmas village that you could paint. I been told i was very good. I would even use tooth picks to paint very tiny stuff.  But im trying to sale my village. It funny no one will buy cause they think it needs to be sold as a set.  Even after i say just buy 1 if you really like. I got no room. And 3rd child on way. I dont want over 20 building in boxes that takes up room.             And i love to draw animals. At least my boys like my drawings.

JKuney
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I want to be crafty lol. I have so many craft projects pinned to my Pinterest and I wnat to start trying to make some of them. The only problem is which one to start with!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM

We didn't get to the burlap wreath and Im not finished with the mesh one but once I am, I'll post a picture. 

RobinChristine
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I cross stitch,embroid, make wreaths, can make hairbows,want to learn jewerly making

5angels4me
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:45 AM
I make hairbows, tutus, chunky necklaces, headbands, blankets, clothes for my DD. I pour, paint and fire my own ceramics. Crafting helps me to relax......
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)