Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

cancled appointment because shes only 5! UPDATE IN COMMENTS

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 11 Replies

OMG guess people cant read or listen! Got to DD appointment today and oh they dont see kids under 7! Told them when we called she was 5! but no guess they didnt realize that! Now we have to try to find someone who will see her and its damn near impossible. No one here wants to see a kid that young. We were told to try Vandy but they wont see new people

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Good luck, hope you can find someone.
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:33 PM
What's the appointment for?
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM

What?  That's terrible.  Try a developmental pediatrician, they take younger kids.  Not sure if they test for everything you mentioned in your other post, but a lot of it they would.  That stinks.

lonelymommyof2
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Our reg ped doc has said that DD has frontal lobe syndrome but she cant legally say with out tests done and an evaluation being done and we were supposed to start all that today. She called a place they called us to get more info we even gave DOB and was like yes she is only 5 but we get there and they were oh the youngest we do is 7. We tried looking around today on our own to find another place but no one does 5 year olds around here or is accepting new people. going back to reg doc tomorrow to see what else we can do. 

Quoting arkansasmama08:

What's the appointment for?

lonelymommyof2
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:10 PM

She has a regular one i guess i am not 100% sure. At first she tried saying DD was ADHD until she got more information and did a few things in her office. asked us and DD questions did some kind of card thing with her and she was like well i would say that she has frontal lobe due to her egg donor doing heroin and drinking and she may have other issues as well so lets get more tests done. Now no one around here will see a 5 year old excpet this place called centerstone but everyone we have talked to said NOOOOOO never go there all they want to do is drug your kid they dont even really help any issues just here take this drug and that they miss diagnose kids all the time and it makes matters worse. We are so upset and lost all over again. 

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

What?  That's terrible.  Try a developmental pediatrician, they take younger kids.  Not sure if they test for everything you mentioned in your other post, but a lot of it they would.  That stinks.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:56 AM

I'm sorry mama!  Hugs!

mlogsdon
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Good luck :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaLauri
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Have you looked at http://www.nofas.org/resource-directory/ (National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome)? They have a list of resources for each state.

Good luck!

letstalk747
by Joy on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM

have you done the early intervention thru the school district your in , you can call the school dist and get evals

lonelymommyof2
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:15 PM
2 moms liked this

OH MY I could just hug you so hard right now!!! We just got back from seeing her ped again DH had to work so MIL went with and i was soooooo livid when i left!! MIL and Ped are convinced she is only ADHD even tho she doesnt have half the markers!

While we were there DD tried to strip down naked in front of her brothers to show the doc her nipples and private areas she knows she isnt supposed to do this. She was licking paper towels and the wall and they were like oh its normal behavior!!! 

I got on here after getting off the phone with DH and saw this no i had not known about this and had tried vandy psych department with no luck but that site gave me another number for vandy i called explained that Ped Doc said gave back ground. They were like OH HONEY! Get her in here now!  it is late so let me call you back tomorrow morning with more questions for insurance and get you in here ASAP! 

I am so relieved that someone is going to take me seriously! I am mad that PED doc changed what she said to me and DH in front of MIL. Then again MIL was over talking me and kept on and on about how she and all her kids were ADHD so DD had to be as well. 

Quoting MamaLauri: 

Have you looked at http://www.nofas.org/resource-directory/ (National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome)? They have a list of resources for each state.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)