Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not sure if I belong here?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM
  • 26 Replies

Is this a group for me?

My son is almost 2 1/2 years old and has several developmental delays.  Currently his expressive speech, receptive speech, and problem solving skills are delayed enough to where he receives weekly therapies.  His expressive speech is at 14 month old level and his receptive and problem solving level at 19 months.  He also has a delay in adaptive skills (independence skills) at a 21 month level but was just barely a little less than the cut-off for severity to receive services for it.  Our home teacher is throwing some activities for independence in anyway because in November if he has not progressed, he will need therapies for that too anyway.  In that area, we are currently working on taking on and off shoes since he still does not know how to do that. He will go to developmental preschool when he is 3 years old if he still needs help.  His services right now are covered through the Division of Developmental Disabilities. 

We just started everything this month (therapies) even though we started the process in May, so I'm still new to all this.  That's why I'm not sure if the issues he goes through makes him a special needs kid????

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mipsy
by Chelle on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Yes I definitely think this group is for you! I've seen you post about this in the toddlers group, I thought you were already in here! If I knew you weren't I would have invited you forever ago! Welcome!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Definitely!!!  Welcome to the group!

mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Welcome to the group!
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Welcome to the group, we are happy to have you join us.

DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Yep!  Welcome to the group. 

"Special Needs" is a very wide group of kids.  We have people with all sorts of different situations in here.  It's a good group! 

PEEK05
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM

It's okay. Thanks! :)

Quoting Mipsy:

Yes I definitely think this group is for you! I've seen you post about this in the toddlers group, I thought you were already in here! If I knew you weren't I would have invited you forever ago! Welcome!

PEEK05
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Thanks for all the welcomes. :)

Monkiebut
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Welcome to the group!
letstalk747
by Joy on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM

welcome , im joy , you came to the right place

Cassidysmom611
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Welcome! I think you are in the right place!! This is a kind group, full of supportive Moms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)