Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Is your significant as patient?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 18 Replies

My DH is great with my son. He really connects with him BUT patience isn't his strong suit. Now he is a lot more patient now than he used to be, but nothing like myself. If he finds himself getting impatient, he will take some time and step away.

Which is great because I don't want his impatience to effect our son, but at the same time, when he works out of town which is often, I don't have the luxury of stepping away when my patience wears thin.

Is your significant other pretty patient with your sn children? 

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Funny- usually when Im "done" hubby can b patient.. And when hubby is "done".. I remain calm.

Hubby works alot too- so yes, sometimes when im "done" DS gets an ear full! Lol
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM

No. Not at all. To be honest, he opted out as a parent pretty early on. I let him to protect the kids from his extreme negativity and harshness.

jjamom
by Michele on Aug. 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM
He is more patient with him than with the other two kids, but still not as patient as I am.
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 3:57 PM

With the girls, yes.  With the boys, no.

charley31
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM
This is exactly how we are. Thank god it's not us both loosing it at the same time I'm with Ryan the most tho

Quoting SamMom912:

Funny- usually when Im "done" hubby can b patient.. And when hubby is "done".. I remain calm.

Hubby works alot too- so yes, sometimes when im "done" DS gets an ear full! Lol

mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM
With Jacob yeah. With Katy, not a lot.
PEEK05
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Yes and no.  If he has had a particularly stressful day, I have to remind him that first, he's only 2, and second, he's not even on the same level as another 2 year old.  That usually helps him come back to a normal level of patience.  I know it can be hard to forget sometimes. 

Bonzlee
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM

It depends on the situation. My husband doesn't seem to do well when my son starts to melt down. It's almost as if my husband spirals down with him, and the more stressed my son gets the more my husband can't think clearly and find a solution. Usually I step in to calm it all down.

My husband is more patient when my son is being persistent about something. For example, if we said we're going to the park in an hour and my son asks every 5 minutes when we'll be leaving. That stuff drives me nuts and my husband is very good at dealing with it patiently.

Mipsy
by Chelle on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM
It depends. Some days he has more patience than I do and other days he has none. I'd say he has less than I do though
Monkiebut
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:00 PM
He is as patient as I am... Sometimes more so.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)