Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a quick update on Ty

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am so numb to everything at this point dealing with his stomach issues. Our GI is once again awesome though and caring and called today to get an update before we head into the weekend. I had to call back and leave them a message of what has been happening this week (been crappy, vomiting small amounts, distended, food and MEDS in his stomach 14+ hours later (no wonder his seizures are out of control!! His meds are not moving through and absorbing into his system!), needing enemas every single day). So they called back and have decided to take Ty off all foods for at least the next week. UGH! What a crappy time! We are spending this weekend with my family and celebrating a ton of birthdays and BBQ and now Ty can't eat anything. Ugh. All they want him having is his formula being ran 24 hours a day no ifs ands or buts about it. Blagh. 

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Poor baby...that's just not fair to him.  I'm so sorry!  Does he get sad when he can't eat by mouth?  

mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Poor guy. *hugs* hope it helps. 

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I'm sorry!!
Mipsy
by Chelle on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Well I just realized I should clarify, he can have water, ice, and formula by mouth.

But he is gonna be upset he can't eat food. He has always loved food

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Poor baby...that's just not fair to him.  I'm so sorry!  Does he get sad when he can't eat by mouth?  

arkmomma06
by Angie on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Hope he feels better soon
cnsmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:05 PM

That will be so hard for him.  (hard on you too)  I hope the drs can get this straightened out soon.  HUGS!!

letstalk747
by Joy on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:06 PM

sorry to hear this , upsetting

T-HoneyLuv
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I am curious ( if you have already explained this forgive me )if he can eat and drink by mouth why the need for a G-tube?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I am so sorry that he is going to have to go thru this. ***Hugs***

Mipsy
by Chelle on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Its fine, its cuz he doesn't drink or eat enough (he drinks around 4oz a day, and that is a fight) due to his gastroparesis and due to them believing he has mitochondrial disease, he also requires more fluids and is very fluid sensitive. He was chronically dehydrated and being hospitalized weekly for dehydration when they put it in. After they put it in he gained 10lbs and grew 7" this last year. majority of that happening within the first 3 months

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

I am curious ( if you have already explained this forgive me )if he can eat and drink by mouth why the need for a G-tube?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)