Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

So I was watching a video and......

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

I was watching a video on you tube about 2 different families in the UK that thier children have ADHD . and I was watching one of the boys that also was dx with ODD and saw simular behavuor to my son like really simular. so now I am wondering?

I keep telling myself this is all going to go away that it is one big nightmare! I am sad, confused and worried . He has so may dx already CF ,ADHD and SID. I don't want another added to his life . Do I inquire about ODD ?? I just want him to have a normal life????!!!!

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
letstalk747
by Joy on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM

inquire about anything that comes to mind

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Doesn't hurt to ask. Some of those types of behavior can also be part if the other diagnosis that you mentioned. ADHD can mimic it
mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Ask and keep asking for more opinions. Hope you get some answers.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:07 AM

Definitely ask the doctor mama...hugs!

MoeMoe01
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:25 AM
ODD is very commonly diagnosed along with ADHD. Typically it doesn't change any of the treatment strategies. It just identifies that the child is having difficulty conforming his behavior to the expectations of adults.
benny1031
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I would ask about the odd cause it can go along with the other diagnosis they can go hand in habd with eachother. My son has autism impulsivity spectrum disorder with odd. Big hugs to you!!!!!
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Good luck!
PEEK05
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I would if you think it would help.

raysma07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:18 PM
So I asked and the doctor says no he has high hyperactivity with his ADHD . He upped the dose on his meds and said if that doesn't work may need to change meds
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)