Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

My little man has crabs!!!

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

Just kidding. He started kindergarten and as I posted, we were worried he might not able to keep up emotionally because of the ADHD. But because he is doing great with the help of playattention we tried and are over the moon. Anyways, he came home and said "Mommy I have crabs." I was like, not too happy to say the least. What he meant was his teacher introduced them to hermit crabs as a science project. He loves them and now wants to get an aquarium. No wonders he loves to go fishing. His attention and focus is just excellent and the teacher said he is quite the painter as well. Her words to us were: "if I, as his teacher, did not know he had ADHD no one would." He is doing that well. No tantrums, he's sharing and has made friends. I never thought it could be this good. As I have commented before, we were not dismissing medication or "downing" it but just thought he was too young and wanted to try playattention as an alternative. I am just so happy for him and happy for the fam. Yes, playattention has taught us that it is never too late to  "change our minds". Now I have to find out what the heck hermit crabs eat and go out and buy some shells. I told him to make me a little booklet with all the information I need so he's writing it up for me. Funny story had to share! Thinking of having another one just like the other one. Cheers - share some stories with me so I know what to expect this upcoming year.

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mlogsdon
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Haha thats great

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:29 AM

Too cute!  Glad he's doing well:)

DeAnthonysMom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Lol that's so amazing to hear!!! I love when alternatives especially paired with the right people are found!! Congratulations!
letstalk747
by Joy on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM

simple smile

golfqueen123
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Awesome for him!!  Good luck with the new pets!! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN