Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Heart Moms

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM
  • 14 Replies
Are there any Heart Moms in this group?

I am a Heart Mom from Wisconsin with a healthy 2yr old son and a 9mon old daughter who has a DORV and a VSD. She will be having her 1st OHS on November 7th.
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group! I'm sure there are so here's a bump!

jjamom
by Michele on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I am a heart Mom as well. My son was born with Down syndrome, and an ASD and a VSD. He never had OHS, though. He had his ASD (which was huge -- 18 mm) closed by cardiac cath implantation of an atrial septal occluder device. His VSD was tiny and clised on it's own. He is 8 now and is coming up on 6 years post-repair. We still see the cardiologist annually, as he also has a slight leak in his tricuspid valve and now-mild pulmonary hypertension (his ph was very high prior to repair), and monitoring of his device because it is really close to his mitral valve.

Welcome to the group!
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Two of my girls had PDA's that they closed with surgery, one's hole was as big as her aorta.  She also had a PFO but that is believed to have resolved on its' own.  Surgeries were at 2 and 3 weeks old, so that was a long time ago for us.

Helen86
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Prayers and love sent to all of you and your families! And thank you for the welcome! :)
jjamom
by Michele on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Prayers and blessings to you and your family, too. Keep us updated on your little one.

Quoting Helen86:Prayers and love sent to all of you and your families! And thank you for the welcome! :)
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:14 PM
3 moms liked this
Welcome to the group. I'm a "brain mom" :)
graycalico
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM
My ds had a coarctation of his aorta repaired though his back at birth. He also has a bicuspid valve, a vsd, and small mitral valve. We might be getting the vsd patched through a cath sometime this year. He just turned two.
letstalk747
by Joy on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome  im joy-im a brain mom

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  I'm a "brain" and "lung" mom:)

singlemotherof8
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM

My 22 year old had OHS at 20 months old for a VSD. She did so well with it that she was sitting in a high chair the next morning. She is still doing very well to this day. It is a scary thing to go through when they are young. She spent the first year of her life in and out of the hospital.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)