Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Aaarrrrggghhhh! Update!

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:49 AM
  • 49 Replies
I am so freakin angry at one of Jacobs therapists! So I called about his wheelchair and they called me back today. They said it was on hold because Leslie hadn't submitted a letter of necessity yet. I was peeved by that so I call to find out why. She and the head therapist decided not to go ahead with it because they figured we were getting it taken care of by the doctors in San Diego while Jacob was having surgery.

Uhm that's not his regular dr for one. Also they mentioned in May. Mother freakin May he needed a new one for school. So I did what any parent would do. Went home and got the script from our pedi and asked our therapist to sit down and help me order a good chair. Seems simple right? No. So she didn't write the letter even though she sat next to me while we ordered the dang thing and was told to her face write a letter since we already had the script. I mean seriously, he could have already had his new chair!!!

New update* so I called our therapist at the children's hospital and she's like yeah no problem ill write it. So that's taken care of. So I talked to the lady at the wheelchair place she told me Leslie left them a message saying she didn't want to write a letter. Wtf?!? I'm even more upset now!

So Jacob will still have a chair ordered but its taken way to long and too much fooling around on her part. :/
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:26 AM

I would be angry too mama!  I'm sorry:(  I would have a serious conversation about this with her...too much assuming went on and she should have done what was originally decided.  Hugs!

jjamom
by Michele on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:08 AM
I'm be po'd too! Why did she fail to write the letter a second time?
mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Thanks. She of course isn't in on Fridays. But I'm giving her an ultimatum. Either write or I will get my more reliable therapist at the other children's hospital too. And they would without batting an eye. So frustrating. I should have just gone through them to begin with! Lol

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I would be angry too mama!  I'm sorry:(  I would have a serious conversation about this with her...too much assuming went on and she should have done what was originally decided.  Hugs!

mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Well when I called her out on it yesterday she was like well Judy and I. Basically throwing the head pt under the bus. I'm glad now we are done there come November. They are being shady. Anyway she was like well I thought San Diego. No San Diego was never involved other then giving the original assessment of needing a new chair. So she was like I have to call Roxanne and San Diego. No you don't need to call anyone. Write the dang letter!

Quoting jjamom:

jjamom
by Michele on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM

That's absurd.  I'd go over her head.  Your son needs this done and she has dragged her feet too long already.

Quoting mandee1503:

Well when I called her out on it yesterday she was like well Judy and I. Basically throwing the head pt under the bus. I'm glad now we are done there come November. They are being shady. Anyway she was like well I thought San Diego. No San Diego was never involved other then giving the original assessment of needing a new chair. So she was like I have to call Roxanne and San Diego. No you don't need to call anyone. Write the dang letter!

Quoting jjamom:

cnsmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:32 AM

That is just crazy!!  It seems like she just didn't do her job, and is trying to make excuses for it.  Hugs!!  I hope it gets straightened out.

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM

That is ridiculous!  How long does it really take to write the letter, and you already have the doc script!  Seriously, those things can take forever to get in even with the order (my daughter's walker took 6 month's and my therapist was so on top of it).  Sounds like she is being lazy since she's about to be done with you guys, and she just doesn't want to deal with it.  Hello, part of your job.  Glad you are moving on on November! 

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I agree.. Sounds like she dropped the ball and doesn't want to own up to her mistake.
I would tell her I need the letter by noon on monday AT the Latest!!! Or just forget her and get a letter elsewhere... Id b done with her for sure. Unreliable and unprofessional.

Im sorry for jacob , for your frustration and annoyance in dealing with her and for the delay.

Quoting cnsmom:

That is just crazy!!  It seems like she just didn't do her job, and is trying to make excuses for it.  Hugs!!  I hope it gets straightened out.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't go over head there unfortunately. It's a small birth-3 place. One pt one speech and 2 ots. It's frustrating. So I'm going to tell her today, if she's there or have someone tell her ill get a letter from someone else. I mean we ordered the dang thing back in June!

Quoting jjamom:

That's absurd.  I'd go over her head.  Your son needs this done and she has dragged her feet too long already.

Quoting mandee1503:

Quoting jjamom:

mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Yeah, I wish she would have told me earlier that she wasn't writing a letter so all the times we saw our other therapist at our children's hospital I could have had her do a letter. She just keeps pushing the blame off onto someone else.

Quoting cnsmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)