Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Insurance wont cover meds

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

So I went today to get my sons meds filled (he has been on this for 2 years or more) and isurance wont cover and they want a PA on it. They want him to try concerta which he has and it did not work. Now we are completely without meds until at least Monday. This is precisely why I applied for SSI. He will have a horrible day at school Monday if he even makes it through the day!!

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I'm so sorry. Can they sub them for the generic or maybe they are compounded and the insurance doesn't cover it that way now?
mammajen030407
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:20 PM

It comes as a patch. I tried to see if I could just buy a few out of pocket but they dont break it up like that. They come in a pack of 30 and one pack is 287.00 

Pukalani79
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I used to work in a pharmacy and I hated it when insurance companies did this.  It's so frustrating! I'm sorry.  Hopefully the doctor and the pharmacy team are able to work this out with your insurance

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:39 AM

Hugs mama!  I'm sorry!

mammajen030407
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Thankfully we got the meds approved and I was able to pick them up tonight. Today at school was a doozy without his meds. I am so thankful my son has such a great principle!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN