Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

How are your kids adjusting to school?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  • 14 Replies

How long have your kids been back in school and how are they adjusting?

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Aug 13 Jacob started school. He loves school. He dont even take his bunny anymore. He will even let them know he wants to sit on potty. He still dont know when he needs to go. But he will sit on it.  And at home he wont go near the potty. He only has problems is with ot or a sub. Then they get his bad side. He even wakes up before my alarm. I just wish he understand when no school lets not get up at 6am.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Katy is doing awesome. She's been in a month. Jacob starts in November. I'm so ready for it!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM

That's great!  Sounds like things are going well overall:)

Quoting N.Carter2001:

Aug 13 Jacob started school. He loves school. He dont even take his bunny anymore. He will even let them know he wants to sit on potty. He still dont know when he needs to go. But he will sit on it.  And at home he wont go near the potty. He only has problems is with ot or a sub. Then they get his bad side. He even wakes up before my alarm. I just wish he understand when no school lets not get up at 6am.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM

That's great!  Will Jacob go half days?

Quoting mandee1503:

Katy is doing awesome. She's been in a month. Jacob starts in November. I'm so ready for it!

mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM
3 hours I think. We will start slow. Probably 2 days a week. He can go 5 but I'm not ready. Lol

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting mandee1503:

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Lina began on the 4th so has only gone to school for 3 days. She hasn't slept good since last Sunday. She has been so excited and anxious about school that she can't get to sleep at night until I finally threaten to leave the room and make her sleep in there alone, then she will finally roll over and go to sleep. I am hoping she will sleep better tonight so that she can start the week off much better. She has had some changes that she is trying to get used to, the new school, 8 new kids, a new bus driver, only 5 kids from the old school returned, 6 kids moved up to Middle School, she has to take her breakfast & lunch to school, she can't have the same snacks that the other kids get, and until the activity bus begins to run I've not been here to get her off the bus just Papa.

WOW! I didn't realize just how much change there was for her until I just wrote it all out.       NO WONDER this kid is having trouble going to sleep at night. 

• My 2nd time around. I LOVE EVERY MINUTE!!!
  •          boy n girlblowing bubbles
  •             R   &   A                Lina 
  •     teenage terror time!    special to all of us!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I'm with you!  When Brady first started, he was just about to turn 3 years old and I only sent him 2 days/week for the 3 hour session.  By the end of the year he was going 3 days/week, and the following year, we let him go 5 days/week.  

Quoting mandee1503:

3 hours I think. We will start slow. Probably 2 days a week. He can go 5 but I'm not ready. Lol

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting mandee1503:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Hugs mama!  Sometimes it takes us writing things out or talking them out to really see what's going on:)  Brady started on the 3rd so he's only been for a few days as well.

Quoting Linagma03:

Lina began on the 4th so has only gone to school for 3 days. She hasn't slept good since last Sunday. She has been so excited and anxious about school that she can't get to sleep at night until I finally threaten to leave the room and make her sleep in there alone, then she will finally roll over and go to sleep. I am hoping she will sleep better tonight so that she can start the week off much better. She has had some changes that she is trying to get used to, the new school, 8 new kids, a new bus driver, only 5 kids from the old school returned, 6 kids moved up to Middle School, she has to take her breakfast & lunch to school, she can't have the same snacks that the other kids get, and until the activity bus begins to run I've not been here to get her off the bus just Papa.

WOW! I didn't realize just how much change there was for her until I just wrote it all out.       NO WONDER this kid is having trouble going to sleep at night. 

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah writing it out lets me see how to help her some now. 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama!  Sometimes it takes us writing things out or talking them out to really see what's going on:)  Brady started on the 3rd so he's only been for a few days as well.

Quoting Linagma03:

mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I think that's what I'm going to do too. By next August we'll have him at 5 days.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I'm with you!  When Brady first started, he was just about to turn 3 years old and I only sent him 2 days/week for the 3 hour session.  By the end of the year he was going 3 days/week, and the following year, we let him go 5 days/week.  

Quoting mandee1503:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting mandee1503:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN