Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Questions from Jeremiah's teacher.

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 8 Replies
So, even though he's been thru all the schools testing, she still has to do more testing with him. Which I think is pretty redundant, but ok. She asked me yesterday why he doesn't color. I don't know, just refuses too. Maybe it's hand strength or because of his fine motor delays, but he won't. She also says he won't make eye contact. Yes, we know. Apparently she had t gotten a copy of his report, or iep yet, so didn't realize he is actually considered autistic now. That information might help huh lol.
She also mentioned she's noticed that his right eye pulls to the inside when he's focusing on something. Wonderful. Zack had to have surgery for that exact same issue. So now I need to get him in to his dr and ask for a referral to children's. zacks eye dr wasn't with children's, and while the dr was nice, the nurses didn't seem to understand his sensory issues after surgery and werent very patient with him.
Anyway, he's still doing very well. He's not interacting much with the other kids, doesn't initiate contact or anything, and can't tell me the names of any if the kids. But, he's participating in circle time, learning, and will talk to his teacher. So, overall, still on a good note :)
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Pukalani79
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I'm glad he's participating.  Hopefully he's enjoying school

mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Maybe the coloring is sensory as well? Hope you get answers on the eye soon. 

alyssasmommy312
by Angela on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM

That is a good note!  Any improvement is a good thing.  I found out last year when Alyssa started kinder that the teacher does not automatically get any info on the child such as the IEP.  She didnt even know she had one.  I went and made a copy for her so she could read over it and we could discuss anything that needed to be done.

Mipsy
by Chelle on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:34 PM
My thoughts too :)

Quoting Pukalani79:

I'm glad he's participating.  Hopefully he's enjoying school

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I'm glad he's enjoying school and learning. I'm sorry to hear that he is having eye problems.

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM
She was supposed to get one. In all fairness though, I don't have a copy if his stuff either lol.

Quoting alyssasmommy312:

That is a good note!  Any improvement is a good thing.  I found out last year when Alyssa started kinder that the teacher does not automatically get any info on the child such as the IEP.  She didnt even know she had one.  I went and made a copy for her so she could read over it and we could discuss anything that needed to be done.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:47 AM

If he's enjoying himself, that's all that matters:)  Hugs!

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Exactly :). He's loving it!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

If he's enjoying himself, that's all that matters:)  Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN