Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Manic high episodes

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:00 AM
  • 6 Replies

For those of you who have children with bipolar or manic depression, how do you handle the manic high episodes? They are as trying/difficult as the lows sometimes.

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Hugs mama!!! No experience but good luck:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Same. The only experience I have is with my father, and that usually means I simply have no contact with him as he only does that when he's off his meds. Not exactly an option here lol

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama!!! No experience but good luck:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gummibr
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I wish I had some advice for you.  My son is also bipolar but he tends to either be depressed or angry and agitated.  Is your child on meds?  Meds has helped my son have a steady mood.  My son is still young so we may have the manic episodes down the road.  We did have one which was induced by a wrong diagnosis and medicine.  There is a blog called my son has two brains and I know that mother discusses some manic episodes.  I highly recommend her blog.  Good luck.

Pukalani79
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM

She is on Geodon and Zoloft and they do a pretty good job of evening things out.  Every so often though she gets in this moods.  I prefer the highs to the lows, but they're exhausting!!  I will look for the blog.  Thanks

Quoting gummibr:

I wish I had some advice for you.  My son is also bipolar but he tends to either be depressed or angry and agitated.  Is your child on meds?  Meds has helped my son have a steady mood.  My son is still young so we may have the manic episodes down the road.  We did have one which was induced by a wrong diagnosis and medicine.  There is a blog called my son has two brains and I know that mother discusses some manic episodes.  I highly recommend her blog.  Good luck.

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM

No experience with a child but I am bipolar and even for me that highs & lows were hell.     GOOD LUCK MOMMA!

Pukalani79
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Thank you.  I have to remind myself that it's not easy for her either

Quoting Linagma03:

No experience with a child but I am bipolar and even for me that highs & lows were hell.     GOOD LUCK MOMMA!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)