Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Do you make sure to watch your own health?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 18 Replies

We deal with our kids health and needs on a daily basis that it is easy to sometimes allow ourselves to fall by the way side.

Do you make sure to watch your own health? Do you get yearly physicals and do a monthly self breast exam?

I have my annual appointment scheduled next month and it will be my first mammogram since I am now over 40.

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cnsmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Yes I do. I just had my yearly pap test, and I got a mammogram this year too. Unfortunately I have high blood pressure, and take meds for that. I think it is caused by the stress though. haha. I do need to exercise more.
mlogsdon
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I have regular check ups. I had my thyroid removed so I have to constantly make sure my medication levels are correct. Every 6 months or so I go in :)

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Nope lol I haven't been in a long time.
jjamom
by Michele on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Unfortunately, no. I know I should, but I get so wrapped up in taking care of the kids that I don't take care of myself. :(
Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I haven't been. I've let a lot go getting so consumed with taking care of my kids. These past few weeks though I have finally gotten a physician, next week I go in for a pap, I got a dentist, a cleaning and in the next 2 weeks I am finally getting some much needed dental work. I want to make sure I'm healthy so I can keep fighting for my kids.

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Not really. I need to get a physical 'cause I haven't had one in a couple of years. I think I'm going to get a flu shot too this year. I think I'm making everyone get one this year. 

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I only go in if im sick. I know i past due getting my eyes check. I get excited to get new glasses but they never have in the color i want.  I want purple. I dont care i will be 32 years old.  But medicaid only pays for nothing neat looking. And im past due getting my teeth done. But that a lot of stress on me and im still trying to deal with loss of baby. So im already moody. Its cause of my cp. The noise of them cleaning makes me scared.

letstalk747
by Joy on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM

yes i do

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Yep. And I run every weekday morning and do yoga on Saturdays. I just started that last month, and it feels good!
Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:59 AM

Quoting Linagma03:

Not really. I need to get a physical 'cause I haven't had one in a couple of years. I think I'm going to get a flu shot too this year. I think I'm making everyone get one this year. 

This is us. We never ever get the flu shot. My dh is totally against. This last spring he got bronchitis, kidney stones and the flu so bad he was out of work for almost 3 months. Everyone....including the kids are getting one this year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)