Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

the holidays coming fast , how are you feeling about holidays time ?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Joy
  • 20 Replies

im already stressed some because of the holidays

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Im not worried about it. We dont get invited to see my family for anything. And corys side. I think they dont like us. The way his mom act when i was in hospital cause lost baby. They not care i was not ok. They just wanted me home so corys aunt and mom could leave.

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I love the holidays! We host Thanksgiving. Christmas is so much fun with all these kids. Halloween isn't my favorite, but I like getting the costumes ready. :)
thatgirl70
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I'm not looking forward to the family time, I can tell you that. After last year's fiasco, where my MIL basically acted like a total bitch towards our son (she hated that I got him so many gifts--well, I got all the kids a lot of gifts, not just him!), I told my DH that I refuse to ever go over to the in-laws house (like we do every year) before Christmas day. We're going to celebrate at home, let our son open his presents from us and Santa here, and then we can go over to celebrate with them. I think because of that, we'll have a much happier holiday.

(I did tone it down a little with the gifts though)

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I always get into a bah humbug mood for a while then I start to get into the spirit.

Monkeymama930
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I hate holidays because of my in laws there so ignorant and narrow minded about everything! From my differing religious beliefs to my sons diagnosis. I'm over them and may just say I'm having a holiday dinner come if you want don't if you don't but I'm not coming to your house.
Mipsy
by Chelle on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Excited and sentimental. This most likely will be my moms last holidays. Thanksgiving, if she is feeling well enough, my family and her and my dad are all going to Disneyland. Then hopefully for christmas my parents are coming here. 

Then Halloween I am really excited cuz this is the first year Ty has been able to understand and communicate what he wants to be for halloween! First it was a zombie, now its a pirate haha! But he is choosing which is awesome!! He never got teh concept before. He is also just now getting Easter, and still a little iffy on Santa but close to fully getting it! The Elf on a shelf thing has really helped him comprehend it better. 

Pukalani79
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I'm dreading it, to be honest.  We have both sides of the family here and usually holidays are a big (crazy) deal.  Em's psychiatrist told us we can either have a big family holiday or we can have a happy one.  We're definitely choosing the happy one, obviously, but it's going to be difficult.

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:45 PM
I love the holidays. I'm a little dressed and sad because I know this Christmas will be bare. But I guess it's a good year to teach the kids that its not all about stuff right?
Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I'm not looking forward to it. We can't afford to buy gifts for anyone so I always feel like a jerk when others buy for us. I'm really hoping yo make it home for Xmas this year. I've missed the last 2. But that all depends because my dh is getting laid off mid-November....so we might not be able to. All the money I had saved we needed for bills. 

cnsmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I'm not big on Holloween, we do it, but I'm always glad when it's over. haha. 

I love Thanksgiving.  We have been having it at our house since my Dad passed away 4 yrs ago.  My mom and brother come over, and my husbands parents, and brother and sister in law, and their kids all come over.  Everyone brings something so I'm not left doing all the cooking.  We have been inviting his family over for about 3 yrs now, and it's been fun.

Christmas has been bittersweet for the past few years, but I do love it.  We can't afford to spend as much money as we did before I quit work, but that's ok, it helps us teach the true meaning of Christmas.  We always go to my husbands parents house on Christmas Eve, then we invite my mom over to our house on Christmas morning.  We have been doing it this way since we had kids, it is to hard to go to many places on Christmas Day, the kids just want to be home to play.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN