Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Anyone's kid/s doing fundraisers?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 20 Replies

Last year Lina had one but we didn't have her do it because she didn't want to. I bought a couple tubs anyway. This year she wants to sell things. Her fundraiser is the cookie dough one. We went to one neighbor and she sold 1 tub. At first she was excited but that lasted all of 2 minutes, since then she really hasn't cared if she sells anymore or not, today we are going to go to one of the other neighbors to see if they will buy just 1 tub.

I also want to say that I got very disappointed with family members about this because this is her first actual wanting to sell and none of them have wanted to. There are 2 that I know are just being I don't want to use the word mean but I can't think of another one. We have family spread out so I let them know thru facebook and not one contacted me. I got hurt at first but decided after an hour or so that it wasn't worth it. This last paragraph is just to rant about the people in this family right now and how rude I feel they are being. Some members I know really couldn't afford to get any but there are several that I know for a fact that could. Rant over!

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:51 PM

My NT son is doing that same fundraiser, not my little kids.  It is not my favorite as the cookie dough is processed with nuts even if they are not contained within so we can not buy/bake it ourselves due to my son's allergy.  For this reason we can't sell it to our families either so they will not bake it and bring it around my kids.  So my son does a few neighbors and then usually wooses out.  I think it is great your granddaughter wants to be involved, and feel bad your family is not being more supportive.  They should be helping keep her excitement going.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I'm not looking forward to dd fundraising. I'd rather just give her the cash. 

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I feel the same way. With so many grandkids it gets expensive even if I get the cheapest item. R is doing one too with the city coupon books that are 20 each so I'll be getting one of those and at least two of the cookies. I hate fundraiser time.

Quoting mandee1503:

I'm not looking forward to dd fundraising. I'd rather just give her the cash. 

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I wish they would too so she would stay excited. The nice thing is that she care about the actual winning just as long as she gets something she's happy. I know there are going to be kids coming soon with their packets soon and I hate to tell them no.

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

My NT son is doing that same fundraiser, not my little kids.  It is not my favorite as the cookie dough is processed with nuts even if they are not contained within so we can not buy/bake it ourselves due to my son's allergy.  For this reason we can't sell it to our families either so they will not bake it and bring it around my kids.  So my son does a few neighbors and then usually wooses out.  I think it is great your granddaughter wants to be involved, and feel bad your family is not being more supportive.  They should be helping keep her excitement going.

letstalk747
by Joy on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:28 PM

nope

aakeiser
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM
We normally don't do them. My kids school gets expensive fund raises, and I do understand it's close to the holidays and money is tight.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I know they get expensive and the companies and schools pick the worst time of the year to do them as far as I'm concerned.  

Quoting aakeiser:

We normally don't do them. My kids school gets expensive fund raises, and I do understand it's close to the holidays and money is tight.

Pukalani79
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I hate fundraising.  My kids aren't really in anything that requires it anymore, thankfully

aakeiser
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:26 PM
They do. Mine brought home Yankees candles one but everything is over $25, I know for those candles it's not bad, but I have to buy from both kids and that is $50.00. Which I don't have. My car is broke down and it's going to cost $400 or more to get fixed and house improvements..it feels like ecverything is breaking down at once..
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Seems like everything breaks at the most inconsiderate time. Most of the time it happens between paydays. I felt like asking the car to change its mind about breaking down and I would be free for it to that in 2 weeks. Dh laughed at me when I told him.

Quoting aakeiser:

They do. Mine brought home Yankees candles one but everything is over $25, I know for those candles it's not bad, but I have to buy from both kids and that is $50.00. Which I don't have. My car is broke down and it's going to cost $400 or more to get fixed and house improvements..it feels like ecverything is breaking down at once..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN