Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

finally!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have suspected that my oldest is on the spectrum for years. Since he was about 2, he's almost 6. I have gone to everyone I can think of and was ignored or redirected around and nothing was done. When he was 3 he was evaluated for a speech delay, but they refused to see if any further evaluation was needed.

I asked his pre k teacher to help me get the ball rolling and she flat out refused saying she didnt think anything was wrong. I asked his pedi once again what to do and he said to wait a couple weeks and speak with his new teacher so I have and finally something is being done.

They spent something home for me to fill out about family history and my concerns and they sent me a parents bill of rights. I am so pleased and hopefully something is resolved soon so he can get the help he needs.
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Yay!

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I'm so sorry about the run around you have been given. You are your child's biggest advocate. I'm glad you kept fighting and hopefully you will get the process started and get him whatever help he needs. Good luck!

cnsmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Sorry that it took so long for someone to listen.  Glad that they are going to help now.

AustinRonMommy
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Thank you. I've been advocating for him since he was a baby. Heck since he was in my belly, well on his way out. He got stuck and I refused intervention then (he wasn't in distress at all. Just stuck) he got loose on his own. I don't believe he was really stuck. Just decided he didn't want to move at all. He's still like that sometimes. Then he had torticollis and needed pt and then a helmet, then speech therapy and now this.

Quoting Codysmom2106:

I'm so sorry about the run around you have been given. You are your child's biggest advocate. I'm glad you kept fighting and hopefully you will get the process started and get him whatever help he needs. Good luck!

letstalk747
by Joy on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM

welcome , im joy , wonderful

mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Glad you got some help.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Welcome to the group! I'm glad you finally got someone to listen and get the ball rolling for you.

• My 2nd time around. I LOVE EVERY MINUTE!!!
  •          boy n girlblowing bubbles
  •             R   &   A                Lina 
  •     teenage terror time!    special to all of us!
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:06 AM
I'm glad to hear that things are moving for you now!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Welcome!  Glad you're getting some help and answers:)

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Awesome! Way to go mom!

I'm so sorry that you had to fight for all of this, but glad you did fight for it.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN