Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Ack its moving too fast!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 4 Replies
So yesterday the nurse doing our assessment said we would know in 48 hours if we were approved for nursing then it would probably be 1-2 weeks getting in touch with agencies and setting up interviews. I got a call by 9 this morning from a nursing agency and she called me again this afternoon saying she has someone seeing if they can adjust their schedule to work for us and we will know tomorrow. If she can then we will be setting up a time to meet and talk!! Holy cow!!! This is moving so much faster than I anticipated! I didn't even think we would qualify, now its moving so fast!!! I'm super nervous!! I'm nervous about starting with someone new and leaving Ty with someone new, but I feel better they are more qualified and can give his meds and care for his tube and stuff! Eek!

The only thing I don't know is the nursing they are setting up right now is our skilled nursing. I dunno if we use the same agency for our nursing respite care? Does anyone who gets both know? I dunno if I should ask our DDD coordinator or this nursing agency?
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Good luck. Glad it's going through quickly.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Not sure on those details...but congrats on getting things going so fast!  I'm happy for you!

mlogsdon
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM
That's so great! I don't know if you use the same agency for both, my insurance denied nursing and I didn't know how to appeal, so I never got into that. You might be able to ask whichever you speak to first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Thanks gals. I haven't asked yet, got a TON going on at once here, yikes! So I think maybe after getting our skilled nursing set, I will ask about respite.

We are interviewing a nurse next Tuesday! And ty is getting fitted for an adaptive stroller next week too. Yikes!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)