Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Im soo excited and happy.

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 16 Replies
Hi, Im doing this post is because I have mild cp. Growing up I never felt special because my mom always put me down. She also has mental problems just never knew. I could never do anything cause of my cp. In her eyes I was not smart. And it was going to stay that way until I moved out. So yes we still don't talk. When I was a teen I would hand paint glass Christmas houses. Yesterday I took them into the childrens shop. Its a little store that buys and sales kids stuff. I always go in. The lady look over 20 pieces of village I had done. She thinks they soo good she is going to put some in her big store window just for looks at Christmas. And the rest she is going to sale. It finally hit me im good at something. This lady not family or friend. She loves my work. So its like WOW ! Other people will see and buy my stuff. Im just so excited ! And I got paid and got chase free Halloween costume. Also in oct I will be 32 years old. My boyfriend decided its really time for me to get my driving permit. Its something I have wanted to do a very long time. But my mom tore me down and even took my cash cause I was saving up for a car. So I been taking test on line and I do very well. I just hope I don't get scared at place and shut down. I know it may take me time to learn. But I got my friends excited for me. Im just not in a hurry to tell my family. Cause I know it will get to my ex mom. And I could see I get letters or e mails putting me down. I just wanted to share. Thanks for reading !
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Awesome! Congrats! And if you get e-mails or letters just don't read them. It's not worth it. She's broken. You aren't. *HUGS*

Gloria1025
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Good for you!!!  Do you have pictures of the glass houses you could post?  I would love to see them!

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM
That is so great!! Congrats!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:59 PM

This is great news mama!  Big hugs!

graycalico
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM
That's great! I wouldn't bother sharing it with people who aren't rooting for you. Life's too short. Aren't you in the June 2013 group?
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:16 PM

No im not in June group.

Quoting graycalico:

That's great! I wouldn't bother sharing it with people who aren't rooting for you. Life's too short. Aren't you in the June 2013 group?

graycalico
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Huh. Must be a different one that I'm in too. July? Lol. I thought I saw a similar post on here somewhere. I like when I see the same people around. :)

Quoting N.Carter2001:

No im not in June group.

Quoting graycalico:

cnsmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:55 PM

How exciting!!  That is so neat, that everyone will see (and buy) your work.

If you are wanting to drive, go for it.  It will give you more independance. 

I'm sorry that you have such a bad relationship with your mom.  Be proud of yourself, don't let the things that she says bother you.  Some people just don't know how to show encouragement. 

grammajuie
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Good for you.  Keep going forward to do all you want to do.

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:42 PM

That is so great! All of it is great! Keep going you can do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN