Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Halloween

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

Is your child participating? Do they enjoy it? 

by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Nope.  Brady doesn't understand it, nor does he eat candy, so we don't do anything.

Bookoholic
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Yes we trick or treat, yes he enjoys it. But I'm not sure how he will do this year with noises or lights. He seems to be very picky about sounds and what really bothers him.
alyssaravensmom
by Ashley on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:10 AM
We dress her up and go to grandmas to pass out candy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:10 AM

I don't think we will be doing anything this year. We used to. Just not sure yet. 

jjamom
by Michele on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM
My son loves Halloween! They do a parade at school and we trick or treat in our neighborhood.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Lina loves to go. She wants to be a pirate this year. She won't get to eat much if any of the candy and she won't do any kind of haunted house but does like the trick or treating part.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM

They enjoy dressing up at home and running around, but only my oldest and one of my girls actually understand it all.  Once we actually go out my son with ASD freaks out and can't eat most of the candy anyway (peanut allergy), and my one daughter can not eat any at all but looks cute in her stroller.  We may just take 2 out this year and have the other 2 dress up and stay home handing out candy to others.

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM

We'll go to Trunk or Treat at church and go around trick or treating. They are currently studying the Party City costume ads to decide what to dress up as. At this moment, my 6 year old wants to be Dracula and my 3 year old wants to be Superman.

amybeth421
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:39 PM

My son changes his mind daily about trick or treat.  It is up to the minute before we leave whether he wants to or not.  He likes to hand out candy so we will do that instead of trick or treating. 

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Our school is just no fun. They say no to Halloween parade. That was best part of school. When I was little.
Quoting jjamom:

My son loves Halloween! They do a parade at school and we trick or treat in our neighborhood.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN