Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Our meeting was this morning.

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
Basically all that's happening right now is he is going to get extra time for writing assignments and tests. He will be allowed use of his grotto grip for all writing activities and he will be monitored for fatigue. He seems to be doing okay everywhere else. His teacher hasn't noticed him struggling or needing help with anything else.

The biggest thing being handled is PE. The counselor is going to meet the teacher(s) and get him on the phone with Cody's PT so they can talk about how to best modify class for him.

The counselor also said to let her know as things change because we can always modify the 504 to fit his needs. When the time comes that he needs braces she said to let her know she can make sure the kids font make fun and give him a hard time.

She did seem genuinely concerned and wanted to help. So we'll see how things go from here.
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Sounds good. Glad she wants to help!
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I'm so glad she's on his side of the plan. I've heard of to many who feel that the child would benefit more by either leaving things the same or even taking some of the acomidations out because they think just because they aren't having much trouble it would be best to make them do more. Even if it is just a few good days they're having.

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Oh no she even went so far as to add in there that next year when they do standardized testing he wouldn't have to work from both the book and fill in the circles answer sheet. He could work straight from the book and the teacher or whoever would fill in the answer sheet later. 

His teacher even suggested that he work off of the computer more to type up his work instead of having to hand write it. It went a lot better better than I had expected. So we will see how it goes. 

Quoting Linagma03:

I'm so glad she's on his side of the plan. I've heard of to many who feel that the child would benefit more by either leaving things the same or even taking some of the acomidations out because they think just because they aren't having much trouble it would be best to make them do more. Even if it is just a few good days they're having.

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM

That is so wonderful of both of them! Congratulations for having such good people in the circle. 

Quoting Codysmom2106:

Oh no she even went so far as to add in there that next year when they do standardized testing he wouldn't have to work from both the book and fill in the circles answer sheet. He could work straight from the book and the teacher or whoever would fill in the answer sheet later. 

His teacher even suggested that he work off of the computer more to type up his work instead of having to hand write it. It went a lot better better than I had expected. So we will see how it goes. 

Quoting Linagma03:

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:03 PM

We are very lucky, I was very surprised that it went so well. I'm just hoping that the gym teacher is as open and understanding. Because that really seems to be his biggest problem right now. 

Quoting Linagma03:

That is so wonderful of both of them! Congratulations for having such good people in the circle. 

Quoting Codysmom2106:

Quoting Linagma03:

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I'm so glad it went well!
letstalk747
by Joy on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM

keep us posted

2_amazing_boys
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM

So happy that they want to help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN