Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

school dress up day for Halloween- does your school do this ?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Joy
  • 7 Replies

boo

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM

In preschool no. And i think they will still feel the same and say no. The past 2 years we all got letters saying not every kid has a halloween outfit. So they not want to leave them out. When i was in school that was the best part. Dressing up and walking to all of the classrooms.

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Nope
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I don't know if they do or not. They didn't at the last school. It might be a district policy not to. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Yes, they do dress up and do a little parade around the school:)  Not sure what I will have Brady wear!

jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Alex's school does a parade first thing in the morning and then costumes are removed for the rest of the day.
luvnature
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM

All the schools my kids attended had a dress up day for halloween and they all went trick or treating to each classroom. each classroom had a specific time scheduled to go from classroom to classroom and it was for one hour each classroom. that was in elementary school. in high school, they had a halloween dance on the thursday closest to halloween and it was held in the evening from 7pm until 10:30pm and the students had to dress up in order to be allowed to go to the dance and on the actual halloween day (if it was during a school day) the students were allowed to dress up for the day if they wanted to. my dd always participated in those types of events, but not my ds.  even the teachers and office staff were dressed up on halloween and at the dances too. 

thatgirl70
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM

They have in the past, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN