Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

pissed off and hurt

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:34 AM
  • 12 Replies
I was excited about my part time job....that is until I announced it on Facebook....my sister said it's not really a job..its just a little extra money...my.cousin says I was being selfish and greedy cuz I am working....I can't win for nothing. I have five kids...one is mentally retarded one has autism..plus three normal.children...I am angry and hurt...poll don't understand if they have never HD a special needs kid....it's different if you around them, or babysit, or have one in your family....you get to go home...but us(all mamas in here) it's our life....

Vent over....thanks ladies
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vintagefan
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I have a part-time job I love! It gets me out and talking to others.  It's a break from home and they enjoy a break from me as well! Enjoy it and forget about negative nellies!

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I'm so sorry. I think it's great that you have a pt job. Sometimes what's best for mama is what's best for the family. Getting out of the house for a bit gives you a chance to recharge so you can be the best mom you can be. There's nothing wrong with that.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Don't let them get to you. You know what's best for you and your family. Besides with everything that you do you need to have the chance to"be selfish". Bet it makes you a better Momma because it gives you the chance to recharge. Tell them to stick it.

Can you tell I'm not in a good mood today? lol

mandee1503
by Amanda on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I would love a part time job especially once Jacob starts school.
DDDaysh
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Sorry your family isn't more supportive!  

mlogsdon
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Wow.... I am sorry they're being nasty. You do what you need to do. If you are going somewhere for a set amount of time, doing what you're told and getting paid- it's a job. I don't know what definition your sister is using. And your cousin... Well. Her life must be extremely boring if she has to butt into yours. She needs a hobby, if getting a job is selfish and greedy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I'm sorry they aren't more supportive.  Hugs!

jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I'm sorry they aren't being very supportive.  I would just do what you feel is right for you and your kids and ignore those who have nothing better to do than weigh in on your life when you didn't ask them to.  

letstalk747
by Joy on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM

dont let them get to you

CrossStitchMum
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:15 AM
You are doing wonderful mama! And congrats 100x over for getting the job :) SN mums are a special tough breed ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN