Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Fun post: Do you dress your pets?

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

Last night we were at our communitu National Night Out celebration. There were so many people there. A lot of kids had on costumes or their faces painted. Because the celebration was at a large local park, several families who attended had their pets with them.

It was so sweet to see so many of the pets dressed up. Some had on costumes, other just sweaters or tshirts.

We have never dressed our dog up before but after seeing how cute they were, I am thinking of doing so this Halloween.

Which then led me to wonder if anyone here does that. Do any of you dress your pets up in everyday wear or for special ocassions like Halloween or Christmas? 

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mipsy
by Chelle on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM
We dress up our mini doxy for halloween. Shes been a pumpkin and a skunk. The last couple yrs we haven't dressed her up but we will dress Zoey up, Ty's service dog. We found a shirt that says candy security on it. We think that's funny since she's meant to protect him :) but Ty wants to be a pirate and we found a shirt that said something about trick arrr treating like a pirate haha
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Aww, that is so sweet. I really want to dress up or little lady this  year, but she is so finicky I don't think she will let us...lol

Quoting Mipsy:

We dress up our mini doxy for halloween. Shes been a pumpkin and a skunk. The last couple yrs we haven't dressed her up but we will dress Zoey up, Ty's service dog. We found a shirt that says candy security on it. We think that's funny since she's meant to protect him :) but Ty wants to be a pirate and we found a shirt that said something about trick arrr treating like a pirate haha

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:55 PM

We had a pug that looked like frank from men in black. I dressed him in a tux one year. :)

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Haha, that is awesome. 

Quoting Codysmom2106:

We had a pug that looked like frank from men in black. I dressed him in a tux one year. :)

mlogsdon
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM
We never have. However, before we had to rehome our English mastiff, we had planned on dressing her up like a pony and Nathaniel as a cowboy lol. We are now a pet-free home, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM
My dog usually chews off anything we try to put on him. He did have a bandana once from the groomers that he actually wore until I had to remove it b/c it was starting to look dingy. But clothing, no way.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:59 PM

We have 3 small dogs and no we don't dress them.

2010twingirls
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I have two Cavaliers that I dress up almost every year for Halloween. This year my ten yr old niece is going to be Little Bo Peep and my five kids and two dogs are going to be sheep :)
letstalk747
by Joy on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM

i never have

crazy4chapstick
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:59 PM

We try and include our dog for picture purposes. She doesn't trick or treat with us.
She's a large dog so I try and do something simple. Like something I can put around her collar to hang.
Or sometimes I buy her headbands (like a devil) and put in on her collar to take a pic.
We try and coordinate the dog with LO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN