Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IEP MEETING WEDS.

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am so nervous cause I will be debating with the speech teacher on his need for speech! He will continue OT, and continue to have a para but I want him to still have speech!

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Good luck mama...let us know how things go!

mlogsdon
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:50 PM
The speech teacher is trying to stop those services?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Good luck!

iamtryingforme
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Have a list of why you think your child needs speech. Have a good solid argument ready if needed. Stick to your guns you know what is best for you child. Good luck and keep us updated on the meeting.

Rabbysma
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Don't sign until you are happy with the IEP! Make sure you have all your ducks in a row as far as the reasons why you want speech and what you feel the goals should be. Maybe request 3 months of therapy and revisit the IEP at the beginning of the year.

In my experience, they don't want to pay for the extra time a speech therapist would cost. I don't know your situation of course... Good luck. These meetings make me nauseous.....

raysma07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Yes DS has been reciving speech since he was 2 1/2 due to multibile ear infections and fluid build up . He had tubes place and his hearing is better now but he do have problems with his speech still also his Para told that is the one place he really pays attention in school.

Quoting mlogsdon:

The speech teacher is trying to stop those services?

jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I agree here. Good luck!

Quoting iamtryingforme:

Have a list of why you think your child needs speech. Have a good solid argument ready if needed. Stick to your guns you know what is best for you child. Good luck and keep us updated on the meeting.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Why does she want to discontinue speech? Has he met all his goals?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM

This.

Quoting iamtryingforme:

raysma07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I suppose but we had some issues with her last year and we will discuss it tommorrow!

Quoting Bluecalm:

Why does she want to discontinue speech? Has he met all his goals?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)