Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT- floor cleaners

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:12 PM
  • 13 Replies
I'm looking for suggestions on good floor cleaners. My entire house (literally every single room) is this weird beigy cafeteria style linoleum. Very light colored- it constantly looks dirty. The only thing I've found that actually makes it look clean is scrubbing on my hands and knees with soft scrub (the gel kind with bleach) and it's obnoxious. I do not want to do this every time I clean my floors.

I have a shark steam mop- that works to sanitize, which is great, but doesn't help with the dingy look.

Also have a regular old mop and bucket with elbow grease lol.

Anyone have suggestions on products? Natural or not doesn't matter, I just want it clean haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:56 PM

i dont know

PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Try Dr. Bonners Sal Suds.  It is nothing short of amazing.  It cuts grease like nothing I've ever seen.  It cuts soap scum.  I even use it in the laundry.  

http://www.amazon.com/Sal-Suds-Liquid-Cleanser-Ounces/dp/B00016QTYO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381363966&sr=8-1&keywords=dr+bronner%27s+sal+suds

jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM
I don't know. I had linoleum on the kitchen in my old house and hated it. It was textured and it seemed to hold dirt in the little dimples all over it. Like you, the only way to get it clean was to get down on my hands and knees to scrub it. I only have linoleum in my laundry room in my current house and I made sure it was not textured! Hope you get some good tips.
mlogsdon
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Try Dr. Bonners Sal Suds.  It is nothing short of amazing.  It cuts grease like nothing I've ever seen.  It cuts soap scum.  I even use it in the laundry.  

http://www.amazon.com/Sal-Suds-Liquid-Cleanser-Ounces/dp/B00016QTYO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381363966&sr=8-1&keywords=dr+bronner%27s+sal+suds

I'll look into that :) I've been looking on Pinterest for different DIY solutions, but haven't found anything good yet lol, I just want the floors to be bright again. 

mlogsdon
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Quoting jjamom:

I don't know. I had linoleum on the kitchen in my old house and hated it. It was textured and it seemed to hold dirt in the little dimples all over it. Like you, the only way to get it clean was to get down on my hands and knees to scrub it. I only have linoleum in my laundry room in my current house and I made sure it was not textured! Hope you get some good tips.

Thanks :) I like that its easy to clean up messes and sanitize. Little man had lots of feeding problems, and projectile vomited a lot. I was sooooo glad we didnt have carpet when we were dealing with that lol. But thats about it. I know how to clean carpets and make them look good! This linoleum nonsense is not my style ;-)

jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM
We have hardwood and/or tile floors here, some carpet, but no more linoleum. It is easiest to sanitize, though, I agree!

Quoting mlogsdon:

Quoting jjamom:

Thanks :) I like that its easy to clean up messes and sanitize. Little man had lots of feeding problems, and projectile vomited a lot. I was sooooo glad we didnt have carpet when we were dealing with that lol. But thats about it. I know how to clean carpets and make them look good! This linoleum nonsense is not my style ;-)

mlogsdon
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Jealous! I had hardwood floors growing up, they always looked good lol.

Quoting jjamom:

We have hardwood and/or tile floors here, some carpet, but no more linoleum. It is easiest to sanitize, though, I agree!

Quoting mlogsdon:

Quoting jjamom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe stripping them and rewaxing?  Not sure:)

FoxxyMama1
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I use vinegar with a squirt of dish washing liquid.  Cleans everything.

mlogsdon
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM
That's actually what I did yesterday! Lol. It was definitely clean, but it still looked dingy. I think Darby may be right and I have to strip them down.

Quoting FoxxyMama1:

I use vinegar with a squirt of dish washing liquid.  Cleans everything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)