Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

arthrogryposis multiplex congenita (AMC)

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do any of you have a child with this disorder? This is what my report is on for my special education class, and I thought it would be great to have some insight from someone living with it.

Thank you lovely ladies in advance. You are all very strong women :)

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlogsdon
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:00 AM
I do not have any experience with this, but I hope your report goes well! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitsun
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Thank you :)

I do hope no one in here minds me using this group as a reference for my class. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I thought this would be a great way to talk to moms that actually have to deal with different SN issues with their kids everyday.

Quoting mlogsdon:

mlogsdon
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:10 AM
It doesn't bother me, and as far as I know, doesn't bother anyone else :) we've had a few come in here for the exact same reason and gotten lots of people willing to help. Generally, we are happy to share what we know.

Quoting Kitsun:

I do hope no one in here minds me using this group as a reference for my class. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I thought this would be a great way to talk to moms that actually have to deal with different SN issues with their kids everyday.

Quoting mlogsdon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:10 AM

No experience but good luck mama!

jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:05 AM
I'm sorry, I've never even heard of it. Good luck, though!
Kitsun
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM

That's good to know :)

I know I personally couldn't work with only SN kids, but I am looking into volunteering with Best Buddies when we move into a house, and I'm really enjoying this class :)

Quoting mlogsdon:

It doesn't bother me, and as far as I know, doesn't bother anyone else :) we've had a few come in here for the exact same reason and gotten lots of people willing to help. Generally, we are happy to share what we know.

Quoting Kitsun:

Quoting mlogsdon:

Kitsun
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:03 PM
bump
SnapShotMama
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I don't but you could search facebook for it, there may be a support page or prayer page and you might have better luck finding someone who has expirence there :) It happens in abotu 1 out of every 3,000 births so it is not crazy rare but it is pretty uncommon.

here is a page i found right off the bat :)

https://www.facebook.com/amcdocumentary

Kitsun
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:10 PM
thank you!!
I did find a support group for parents that's held online every Thursday, but I missed the time for it last week :/

Quoting SnapShotMama:

I don't but you could search facebook for it, there may be a support page or prayer page and you might have better luck finding someone who has expirence there :) It happens in abotu 1 out of every 3,000 births so it is not crazy rare but it is pretty uncommon.

SnapShotMama
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:11 PM

dang :/ well yea try here, and search around. try contacting a awareness website to see about how to get more information and just explain what your doing :)

Quoting Kitsun:

thank you!!
I did find a support group for parents that's held online every Thursday, but I missed the time for it last week :/

Quoting SnapShotMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)