Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Hello!!!  My almost 4 year old was just diagnosed after a massive seizure this weekend.  I was just looking for Friends in the same situation.  She is very mild but now her quirks make more sense!  I have seen children with severe but never mild.  I am just wondering what to expect in the coming days, month, years!

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Replies (21-23):
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Your welcome. Growing up i would have bad leg pains but not as much as i got older. I think it was cause i had to run in pe class.  When i go on long walks i will kind of hurt. But it not bad.

Quoting talisha32:

Have your symptoms gotten worse?  Are you in a lot of pain?  I just want to help her anyway I can.  Thanks so much!

Quoting N.Carter2001:

I  am a mom of 2 boys. I am 32 years old. And i have mild cp. Doctor said i would never do anything. Read write have a family.  I feel in love and we have a 5 and a 2 years old now. I take care of my family. I learn to cook. And right now im working on learning to drive.  Some stuff does take me longer to learn. But i do learn.People dont know i have cp when i 1st meet them. I did walk on my toes very bad growing up. I get soars on my feet and my running looks funny. I skip is what  people said it looks like. If you want to talk i will. im an open book. My oldest son has autism and he cant walk.

valleymomma1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:46 PM

My son has mild cp one side of his body is weaker, he has tone in his legs the one side has contortion so basically when he jumps on one foot his leg contracts outwards & down.  He has trouble keeping up with peers & is very clumbsy he trips alot but does not pay attention poor motor planing.  He has very bad fine motor skills but is getting better.  He also has autsm so things overlap.  He seeing nero every 6 months plus is seen & followed  by the nero motor clinic at our childrens hospital.  He has white matter brain damage. We do a ton of exercises gymnastics, wall climbing, bike riding, treadmill, tramp, bosa ball, yoga, soccer, baseball, basketball, swimming & lots of playgrounds ect. He gets thankfully lots of support at school & at home we have an afterschool team.

talisha32
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Thanks everyone!  I feel better already!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)