Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Does anyone else yell?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 33 Replies

I feel like a horrible mother, all I do is yell. I know it's wrong but I cant seem to stop. I have to tell my boys 20 times to do something, it's driving me nuts. My boys are 6 and 7 and just don't listen...I'm calling the school behaviorist tomorrow, and I'm going to get counseling for myself. I'm also going through menopause which isn't helping! Ughhhh thanks for listening ladies!

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Yes i do but i have gotten better.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Sometimes with dd.
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Yes, but with his shrieking I have to yell in hopes he hears. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Hugs Mama.  Sounds like you are going through a rough patch.  I hope the new services help! 

SAMI_JO
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Unfortunetly yes I do yell. He is 15, and wouldn't tell the truth for anything!

letstalk747
by Joy on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM

sometimes when  my son is upstairs

trippyhippy
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this

All the time and I hate it.  My boy has severe autism, severe adhd and servere Oppositional Defiant Disorder and to say he is a handfull is an understatement.  He lives to get a rise and laughs in histerically as he does one bad thing after another for hours at a time.  It's exausting and sometimes I yell my ass off because I just don't know what else to do.

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I go thru phases where I'm extremely calm and understanding and patient. They don't last long lol. So yes, I yell. More than I'd like to admit. We're human, it's ok.
Mipsy
by Chelle on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Yes! We spend all day constantly telling Ty to cut crap out between whining and tantrums and hun constantly yelling, ugh, exhausted. We see a developmental pedi in a couple weeks
SnapShotMama
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:25 AM

been there..like everyday..lol my oldest who is not really special needs is a huge procrastinator, and is stubbron thick headed -_- at the end of the day all i want her to do is put her stuff in her toy bin...and she fights me on it!!! or ds will punch and kick and all through one of his fits and a few times its poped out, not on purpose but when you get a bloody lip from your 3yo who isent keen on understanding how others feel..it is frustrating :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)