Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The thought hit me recently, that I talk about my kids nonstop lol. Their Evals, diagnosis, therapies, and of course, all their funny, cute little quirks. But I wondered what I would talk about if my kids weren't autistic, if we lived the life I had expected for us. And then I realized, nothing would change. Sure, the words autism, therapies, and testing might be replaced with friends, birthday parties, and play dates. But I would still talk nonstop about my kids. I would still worry when they were sick. I would still wonder if I was somehow screwing them up for life. But they would still be my universe because they would still be the same, adorable little people they are, just a bit different. Which makes them, my normal. They may seem different and odd to others, but they're my normal. My sweet, smart, adorable little babies that are growing up much faster than I'd like! So, there you are. Welcome to the ramblings of my brain late at night. We may live in a different world than most of the people we know, but for us, their world is strange. And we are the "normal" ones :)
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Replies (11-11):
letstalk747
by Joy on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:34 PM

yeah yeah , same here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)