Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

So frustrated with Jake!!! *update*

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 25 Replies

He has got his glasses and is supposed to wear them constantly. Well, he broke the nose piece on them and I tried fixing them and couldn't so I told him he had to wear them anyway and I would take them Friday after school and get them fixed. He said he would wear them and I took him at his word (1st mistake). When he got home from school yesterday he didn't have his glasses on. I opened his parent/teacher communicator and his teacher has wrote a note saying he needs to wear his glasses every day. I asked him where they were and he said "oh, they are in the back of my desk." I asked him why and he said because he didn't want to wear them. I am frustrated with him. He adamantly lies and gets mad when I call him out on it! I just want him to wear his glasses that is all! I told him this morning they better be on his face when he gets home or he is on restriction. (Not that he cares) and he said he would think about wearing them! Can I just scream and pull my hair out?!?

*update*

He came home yesterday without his glasses AGAIN!!! This time "he left them in P.E."!!! I know he is trying to get rid of them because he hates them, but seriously? I wear my glasses everyday why can't he just make this all so much easier on all of us! Well, here is to another day of hoping he comes home with them!

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Yikes, sorry Mama.  My daughter is that way with her hearing aids - WILL NOT KEEP THEM IN!!  Frustrates me to no end.  But she's also non-verbal (can't talk back to me), hearing imparied (can't hear me telling her to keep them in), and has a mental impairment (probably doesn't understand what I want even if she can hear me).  Some days I'd take the arguing back and forth!!  But I guess I'll keep the devious little smile when she pulls them out and looks at me like she knows exactly what she is doing!  Augh!

Good luck.  Hope he keeps them in today!

letstalk747
by Joy on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:07 PM

i know this is soooooooooooo maddening

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I'm sorry. That has hot to be frustrating. Hopefully when you see him this afternoon he will have them on. 

DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM

*blush* I was just like Jake when I was little.  I HATED wearing my glasses because they gave me headaches and ditched them every chance I got!  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Hugs mama...how frustrating!

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 7:46 PM
LOL I'm so sorry, I know it's got to be aggravating. His response just made me laugh though lol. Does he respond to rewards at all?
cnsmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Sorry that you are dealing with that.  My kids can't see a thing without their glasses, so they have always wanted to wear them.  They never take them off.

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Lina wears her glasses because without them she can't see and falls alot so she keeps them on. Wish I had an answer or suggestions that could help. 

SnapShotMama
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:13 AM

ugh that is what i was worried about when dd got her's at just barly over 4. Can you get a different pair? The plastic ones with the "built in" nose peice may be harder to break, our lens was really loose and poped out..i found it after a month of giving up and buying new glasses lol. I would also try getting a hold of the teacher and explain the situation to her so she can also enforce it.

2_amazing_boys
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:53 AM

It drives me insane!

Quoting DDDaysh:

*blush* I was just like Jake when I was little.  I HATED wearing my glasses because they gave me headaches and ditched them every chance I got!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)